Question

Student
imruins
Message 1 of 727 (48,288 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Mini 110-1030NR - How to reset the bios password?

Hi,

A friend was messing around and added a bios password to my computer but the password he thought he added does not work.  I have removed bios passwords from desktops and notebooks before but for some reason this mini just doesnt want to lose its bios password.  I spoke to HP "support" and they said the only thing to do is send it in so they can reset.  Does anybody have any real information to help me solve this issue? I have tried removing the cmos which didnt work.  I'm looking for the bios jumpers or something that can reset this so I dont have to send it back to HP. 

Any help?

Honor Student
lrservicios
Message 2 of 727 (47,434 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110-1030NR - How to reset the bios password?

[ Edited ]

Hi all!!!

I just reset the bios password of my HP Mini 110, i tried to remove the cmos battery but it didnt worked it just reset the clock and the system date.

I search over a week in youtube / google and founf this link 

{Content Removed}

I unlock my netbook using the hash code generated after 3 wrong password attempts.

I think this may be interesting for everybody......

Student
biospro
Message 3 of 727 (46,192 Views)

[ Edited ]

after browsing around the net i found one website offering bios password for hp laptop

and they really solved my problem, they recovered my hp netbook password

the website is {Content Removed} it is not a free service, but.

Student
Vyktox
Message 4 of 727 (45,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hola,
Yo tube el mismo problema hace poco y batalle mucho.
1.- Quitar la bateria solo funciona en algunos modelos de HP y Compaq NX6320 o HP 530 por ejemplo y entre otros modelos que tienen 2 opciones para almacenar la contraseña de la bios en el CMOS y en modo super seguro en la memoria EEPROM.
Necesitas bajar el manual de servicio de tu equipo y leer que opciones tiene, pero claro esta que el password esta en la EEPROM sera imposible sacarlo.
2.- Hacer el corto en el chip EEPROM no siempre funciona los pines a juntar con el 4 y el 8 (Tierra y voltaje) (GND & VCC). Esto no permitira volver a poner nunca mas un password nuevo a menos que cambies el chip de la EEPROM por uno nuevo (Una persona calificada tiene que hacer esto).
3.- Pedir ayuda tecnica a HP / COMPAQ si el equipo es LEGITIMO y tiene garantia.
4.- Solicitar un masterpassword a terceros por internet que fue lo que yo hice.
Encontre en mercado libre a una persona que cobra $299 pesos por generarte un codigo maestro a apartir del codigo de error que te da la maquina CNUXXXXXXX.
Te dejo el link de su anuncio para que lo contactes, yo desbloquee mi equipo el mismo dia que le deposite.
{Content Removed}
Te deseo mucha suerte.
Saludos,
Honor Student
John38117
Message 5 of 727 (40,180 Views)

Don't fall for this...I used a converter that was posted online and it generated a code but it didn't work!!!  After entering the incorrect BIOS password three times a system failure displays and it only returns the serial number.  The people writing code figures this is some big mystery that will "crack" the master code is just trying to get money!!!

Honor Student
realajilogba
Message 6 of 727 (39,163 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110-1125NR - How to reset the bios password?

i need current password for my hp min 

Student
AlexManz
Message 7 of 727 (35,329 Views)

[ Edited ]

please help, trying to reset the bios password for HP Mini 110-1020LA

sn [Personal Information Removed]
pn VD433LA#ABM

this is the code  displayed after trying three time, I figure is teh SN:[Personal Information Removed]
Student
Djviro
Message 8 of 727 (34,987 Views)

Send me the CNU code and i´ll give the password.

Top Student
YehudaEpstein
Message 9 of 727 (34,898 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The code it gives after the 3rd try is {removed for privacy}

Thanks for any help.

Yehuda.

Here is what you do to get the Bios password -

1. go to http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.1/ and download & install Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.1) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig) This application will be able to read a PY file.

2. Go to http://dogber1.blogspot.com/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html and download Hewlett-Packard/Compaq Netbooks pwgen-hpmini.exe

Running that exe file will ask you Please enter the code:

From there it is all good news.

HTH,

Yehuda.

Honor Student
vcheech
Message 10 of 727 (33,544 Views)

[ Edited ]

My serial number is {Removed for privacy}.  BIOS has been locked.  Can someone send me the password to access the mini laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation