Question

Honor Student
donbaroohi
Message 1 of 8 (31,882 Views)

HP Mini 110-1100 CTO keyboard not working fully

Hello, everyone;

My Mini 110-1100 keyboard is acting strangely. Most of the time, certain keys will not register as being pressed. Space bar, the left shift key, t, y, [, ], z, x, c, v, and m all do not work when this happens. Sometimes (rarely) all keys will work from boot. In addition, when it's not working properly. after using it for a few hours or so, the keyboard will randomly work. I'm assuming it is a software problem as opposed to a hardware issue because of this. I am running XP Service Pack 3, with all available updates. I have also tried reinstalling both the keyboard and touchpad driver.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thank you!

-Don

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 8 (31,829 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110-1100 CTO keyboard not working fully

Do you have an external keyboard you can test the issue against?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Honor Student
    donbaroohi
    Message 3 of 8 (31,817 Views)

Yes, I have used an external keyboard, and the keys work. The issue only exists on the mini's keyboard.
    PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 4 of 8 (31,798 Views)

Ok, so the drivers are current, an external keyboard works, you could try restoring the system to a date when the keyboard was known to work but I doubt that it would fix it, most likely it is a hardware issue, in which case you should check your warranty and call HP.

Warranty:

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyResults.do?admit=109447627+1286541891570+28353475

Contact HP:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Top Student
    sandugo
    Message 5 of 8 (31,079 Views)

This works for me! =)

under control panel, try going to clock,language and region. Double check if you have appropriate settings, then go to Format tab and select English (united states) then under keyboard and languages tab select English (united states)- US.

Then under mouse properties go to Device Settings tab, if your using Synaptics then click its setting then go to Tapping, I just uncheck enable tapping to minimize quick touching and unecessary movement of mouse due to slight touch of pad.

Honor Student
    CarMech97
    Message 6 of 8 (28,490 Views)

[ Edited ]

My HP Mini 110c - 1100CA also has a bizarre keyboard problem.

I have tried using a USB keyboard...same thing.

Even the on-screen keyboard is not functioning.

The keyboard is behaving as if the Ctrl key is stuck down (but clearly it isn't)

I have also tried re-installing the keyboard driver. Nope...

What is going on? Anyone??

I tried doing as sandugo suggested. No difference.

Honor Student
    CarMech97
    Message 7 of 8 (25,112 Views)

UPDATE: Regarding HP Mini 110c - 1100CA

I downloaded a program from Tucows called 'Keytweak', and, using this program, I disabled the Ctrl key to see if this would resolve the problem. It worked! I now know that the physical keyboard IS indeed the problem. Apparently the left Ctrl key is randomly working/not working properly from time to time, for some unknown reason. Anyway, my keyboard is now useable again. Hope this helps anyone out there.

Honor Student
    intsikdapogi
    Message 8 of 8 (2,442 Views)

Hey,

we got same keypads that is not working?

Is this a hardware issue?

I did the following and nothing happened

• uninstall and install keyboard driver
    • update antivirus and full scan
    • update drivers

I think I am gonig to dissect the machine.

esyj
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation