Question

Honor Student
royreglan
Message 1 of 4 (481 Views)

HP Mini 2133 Fan starts without turning Power ON

Hi everyone,

I have an Hp mini 2133 netbook, after years of use problem start at the flex of the sata hard drive. Sometime could not detect or identify the hard drive until it tears of from the socket. Have manage to fixed the hard drive problem by refering to the schematic diagram of HP mini Galileo Build. After it was fixed, i test it without keyboard, and top case and its ok but suddenly freeze/hangs, then i turn it off and discovered one of the screw fall in to the Galileo circuit and busted(chip burn, crack in the middle) the Q9 (NC marked on chip) component. I did replaced the Q9 chip but the HP mini FAN start to run on hi speed upon inserting the battery or power adaptor, when i turn the Power ON the FAN stop for a while and display nothing on screen, no display on external vga, no beep and only power button will light up. Please help me with this netbook.

Thanks in advance,

Roy Reglan Arnaiz 

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: HP Mini 2133 Fan starts without turning Power ON

When you resoldered the chip, it somehow messed up the electrical circuitry on the motherboard. I doubt it is possible to recover function to the motherboard. You should be able to find a Mini 2133 with a cracked screen, bad hard drive etc. but a good motherboard for very cheap.

PhD Student
Checkurtech
Message 3 of 4 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yeah sounds like the MB is bad , when you soldered did you check the circuit for continuity using a multimeter ?? [Personal Information Removed]

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Honor Student
royreglan
Message 4 of 4 (455 Views)

Yes, I did check with multimeter. Voltage reading slightly change. When i try to remove the resistor above Q9 the fan don't spin and if i Power ON the power light just blink. Attached image of HP mini 2133 motherboard and the url of HP mini 2133 schematic diagram in PDF format, for further analysis.board.png

Thanks in advance...

Roy Reglan Arnaiz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation