Question

Student
Reva_Angelion
Message 1 of 4 (856 Views)

HP Mini Keyboard Failure in OS Mode

Hi,

I have my HP Mini Netbook, and suddenly the keyboard didnt respond.

first, the keyboard didnot respond at all, and i try to enter the safe mode in Windows XP home, but even some keys get the function, some keys still didnt respond.

And now i try to reinstall New Fresh instalation of Windows XP Pro SP3.

in BIOS, i can use my keyboard to change settings. but when it loaded to "Welcome To Setup" Screen on Windows Instalation

i still cant press any keyboard.

So i cant press Enter to continue my installation.

Please for ur advice.

thanx

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 4 (816 Views)

Re: HP Mini Keyboard Failure in OS Mode

Do you have an external keyboard you can test this against?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Student
    dshifflett
    Message 3 of 4 (654 Views)

I do and it did works with the external keyboard and mouse.

Student
    lini101
    Message 4 of 4 (411 Views)

hi i havw the hp mini 1101 and i have a password for my mini. however when i try to log in, hte letters arent working and backspace  appears as a character. any suggestions on what i should do? it has been like this for the past week. thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation