Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Today I started having an issue where when I try and change the colour of my keyboard through the HP Omen software, it has no effect on the keyboard. Originally my keyboard was stuck to a magenta colour, until I bios updated and turned my keyboard back to red, but now when I try to modify the colour through HP Omen control, no changes are made. I have tried making multiple profiles and assigning different keys to them, but I've had no success in being able to change the colour.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try installing the System Event Utility

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69229.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Try installing the System Event Utility

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69229.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks! That fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

@Seafood wrote:

Thanks! That fixed the problem.

Very well. That is good to hear.

🙂

HP Recommended

The link sends me to the HP Support page when I click on it... I'd like to fix this issue, but I can't.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, as my backlights are only showing up red and will not change whenever I attempt to switch the color. Also, i noticed that if i wanted to turn the backlight on or off, that doesn't work either, implying that the whole hp omen control doesn't work in general. I tried reintalling it and nothing works still. I also reinstalled all of my drivers just incase, with the same outcome as reinstalling hp omen control, no sucess. However this problem started to happen after my windows 10 update, which is what I am running now. Any help or advice would be extremely useful. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@StirfryLing

I updated the link. Try it again.

HP Recommended

@Foof54321 wrote:

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, as my backlights are only showing up red and will not change whenever I attempt to switch the color. Also, i noticed that if i wanted to turn the backlight on or off, that doesn't work either, implying that the whole hp omen control doesn't work in general. I tried reintalling it and nothing works still. I also reinstalled all of my drivers just incase, with the same outcome as reinstalling hp omen control, no sucess. However this problem started to happen after my windows 10 update, which is what I am running now. Any help or advice would be extremely useful. Thanks!

@Foof54321

Try installing the system event utility. 

I upgraded my product loan Omen 15 notebook to Windows 10 yesterday.

Everything works just as it did with Windows 8.1.

The only issue I had was that the upgrade removed the scrolling tick mark in the touchpad control utility in the control panel.

HP Recommended

Hi. I am still having no luck with the hp omen control. I tried multiple things, which are "repairing" hp omen control and the system event utility and there was no luck. I tried uninstalling the system event utility and reinstalling afterwards with no sucess. I would also like to add the information that prior to the keyboard being stuck on red, it was not working entirely. I had to reinstall drivers to make it work again. Another thing I'd like to point out is that my function keys are not working entirely, even though they are set to their regular actions on hp omen control, and not the alternitive.  There is no rush really to help me, because it doesnt bother me too much, but I'd really like to have my "WASD" keys to be a distinguished color.

*I retried the function keys. F12 opens a developer console, F11, F10, F9, and F8 do not work. F7 asks if i want to open carrat browsing. F6 moves between tasks in the tasks bar, F5 refreshes the page, F4 just selects the whole url of the page I am on, F3 opens up the windows start menu and when on a webpage creates a search addon on the top of my screen. F2 doesn't work and F1 doesn't work.

** When I press the function key and the fn key, all of the keys work properly. Also, when I switch my keys to their alternative, they work. So it's most likely not HP OMEN control that is at fault, but the whole "Lighting" section.

HP Recommended

I purchased a 17inch OMEN in December, 2016. Omen control does not work, and yep I downloaded the event thingie. I am running Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any new suggestions.

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.