Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Everything is "acronyms" today, is so annoying!

It comes from the "chat" speak of the children, and grownups now deal with the results.

If the children had to write normally, in most instances could not do it anyhow; education is...gone.

As for the left side fan here, it was spinning all the time before; now seems to have

settled down a bit, runs maybe 50% of the time. Right side fan runs hardly ever.

HP Recommended

@Aerfally wrote:

MBP = MacBookPro. My particulat one had a dedicated graphics card in it, although that is irrelevant, because the Omen's fan was loud at idle when just the basic Intel graphics were in use. I edned up buying an MSI GS60 Ghost (not as sleek, unfortunately, but lighter) and did a fan EC tweak. It is silent. 

Ok.

Thanks  for elaborating.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I've had my Omen for two months now. Just wanted to share the current status of the problems I'm having.

After just a couple of hours of use I noticed that the fans were very loud. I was very surprised because the workload was very small. Eventually I found this thread. I updated BIOS, Windows, and you name it. I went into BIOS settings and switched fans always on to off. It got a little bit better. 

But still far from good. Compared to my previous MBP:s it's very very loud. 

Then I called HP support(Sweden) the guy there has been very supportive and really been trying to help me solve the problem. He's been taking control over the computer and been doing all kinds of updates and such. It is still very loud and just eats battery.

I will let the HP guy have one more try on solving the noise from the fans. If not solved by then I'm sending my computer back to HP. As for now this is not a finished product and should never have been released to the market. 

😞

HP Recommended

Solution found!

How often be in life - expensive does not mean quality and HP Omen confirm it 🙂
From the first day my laptop have very-very strong noise of fan cooling system (left)
All the methods described above did not help me!

I decided to look into the reason for noise in my new laptop by myself. For this I used great program for working with pc controllers - RW-Everything. I see that command of fan speed are changing dynamically but speed of fan always one (max) I see that laptop have a problem with cooler or with contact of speed fan control. 

I open my Omen and see a problem - contact of speed fan control was broken. I make it ok and cooling come to normal 🙂

Other problem was found after i open my laptop - left and right fans was not have screws, without it screws fans have free move in laptop 🙂

!No more fan noise, no more BSOD!

Removing and replacing the battery for HP OMEN 15 Notebook PC

contact problem

no screws left fan

no screws right fan

HP Recommended

Great advice. fn+F. This worked for me. 

HP Recommended

My OPmen also arrived with a constantly droning left hand fan. Following the instructions in the link above I removed the back and reseated the connector for the fan. Job done now it is off most of the time for low use activities like browsing and word processing. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Telling every one to remove the back and check inside if they feel the left fan runs too much...is terrible advice. It may have worked for you, that's fine; But consider...

Do most Omen machines have loose connection/missing screws? NO.

Do most Omen machines ALSO run the left fan most of the time? YES.

The only way to get inside the machine is to tear off the four rubber strips, which are NOT replacable, and cost $25 for new ones.  Yes, exhorbitant, but they have got you captive.

Then, what if you find out that connection/screws are OK? You have risked damaging the machine (it's no so easy to pry that back off), spent money needlessly, and voided your warrantee.

HP Recommended

Created an account just to kudos.  This worked for me (Advanced Tab via HP Omen Control - Disable fan maximum speed)

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thanks hot hey fn +f to disable max fan worked. Also disabling the fan always on option in the BIOS screen made all the difference, Cheers! have kudos m8

HP Recommended

My 2week old Omen was constantly running the fan, and i had tried to Disable Fan through the BIOS menu but it only turned it off for a few seconds.  I saw this post and was able to change the fan settings by going to the Omen Control center, advanced Settings and adjusted the fan speed to normal. Problem fixed!! Thanks1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.