Question

Student
MonicaY
Message 1 of 1 (145 Views)

HP Pav DV6000 Wont BOOT, Wont run disc

HELP! a few days ago i discovered my DVD/CD drive wasn't working: it wouldn't open and wasn't showing up under my drives. It wasn't being recognized at all. i did countless updates and nothing worked.

I read online that i could try editing the registry. I went in and erased the "Uppercase" filters, it was under the DVD/CD class...as recommended. And, I also erased the "Uppercase" filters under Discs. thought that would help as well. but when attempted to restart my lap top....it indicated i had errors. i tried running the safe mode, normal mode, new configurations....every option provided lead to it scrolling a bunch of process codes and restarting all over again. i have the recovery disc in and it's not working either. i've tried selecting F10 at start up to reboot, and it takes me to a different screen...but, it always goes back to it shutting down/restarting. PLEAZE HELP!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation