Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 - V223TX
Linux

Hi there , 

Since i 've got this new laptop for a while ( HP Pavilion 14 - V223TX (Silver) )
, i 've ubuntu 14.04 (for the second attempt 15.04)  installed  

and  multitouch scrolling is not working .

xinput --list   SHOWN 

"PS2 Generic Mouse"    not the alps driver or touchpad.

I searched a lot of how to's on the internet

such as dkms things and try to compile some driver modules , modprobe , etc.

- nothing works.

So i decided to post here and looking for help from all of you guys.

Hope there will be the drivers for linux (ubuntu) user for "ALPs Touchpad" for this notebook model.

i'm looking for your reply .

Thanks ,

Tew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
i found the solution !

you must update the linux kernel to 4.2

and the multitouch will be fine
but the wireless driver will be broken

next step you have to find the wireless driver by using wired internet , so please prepare for that .

after finishing all the driver things
everything perfect .

🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. My model is Pavilion 14 v238TX. I tried in Ubuntu 15.04, PS/2 Generic mouse is detected. Double touch for scrolling or right-clicking don't work.

HP Recommended
i found the solution !

you must update the linux kernel to 4.2

and the multitouch will be fine
but the wireless driver will be broken

next step you have to find the wireless driver by using wired internet , so please prepare for that .

after finishing all the driver things
everything perfect .

🙂
HP Recommended

Hi C3MX ,

I've updated to kernel 4.2.

$ uname -a
Linux pclient30 4.2.3-040203-generic #201510030832 SMP Sat Oct 3 12:34:31 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Unfortunately, the touchpad still doesn't work. It is still detected as PS/2 Generic Mouse. Do you have any other tricks?

-----------

Just for reference, these are steps I did to fix Broadcom driver:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:longsleep/bcmwl
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source
HP Recommended
i 've it worked on the 4.2.0 kernel
After type the kernel update command (its about download 3 files and dpkg -i)
then restart , multitouch works .

So i have no idea about 4.2.3 😞

Recommend you to try the 4.20
Hope it works

ps. thanks for the broadcom driver
it works like a charm on my friend 's laptop also.
HP Recommended

Finally it works. But my story is a bit different.

I ended up reinstall ubuntu 15.04 as I had messed up with it. Then I installed kernel 4.2.0. Touchpad worked, but wifi didn't although using longsleep's ppa. After that I installed kernel 4.2.3, now both touchpad and wifi works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.