Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Never tried it. I am sure if they say it works on a running OS there is no reason to believe otherwise. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer & Evans.

I have ordered the laptop, ram & the M.2 drive.

Will post again when I am doing the upgrade & cloning.

HP Recommended

no problem, have got the laptop myself it is very good, a few things to notice, the power port on the system board, there is a fair amount of movement, finger marks are left, if you are upgradeing from the 128gb to the 256gb, also what kit you used to do the clone.

send me the instructions on what you did to get it work, so i can copy as i am looking to do the same as well, the RAM looks easy just a pain because you have to take the top cover off. 

HP Recommended

Hi, Congratulations on getting what I think is a great machine which I am thinking of getting myself, I wonder if you can comment on the display i.e. is it a good quality matte/anti-glare screen, with a wide angle of view, I see it is an IPS panel, would you happen to know what model? How does it compare with other IPS panels at a similar price point, or on other similar laptops?

HP Recommended

Hi Evans,

why would I have to remove the front cover in install the ram? Do you mean the back cover?

It is not a simple straight foward installation like the m.2 ssd?

HP Recommended

I posted the Manual somewhere up in this long thread and I recall the bottom cover removal gives RAM access. 

HP Recommended

sorry meant back cover, some HP engineers i have met, call it a top cover, unsure why.

in regards to the RAM install, i believe that you don't have to take out the system board to install the RAM

HP Recommended

Ok cool, will try when I get it.

HP Recommended

look at the service manual that @Huffer, put up, you can also find it if you look for the laptop details

HP Recommended

I just received the notebook from HP (finally).

I am trying to remove the backcover now but an unable to remove the screw covers.

Any advice on how I can remove them without destroying them like via a knife?

screw covers

Also my optical drive bay doesn't have any screws as per the manual. Is it safe to pry it open?

optical drive bay.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.