Question

Top Student
lolful64
Message 1 of 5 (361 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion 15-n221sa Notebook PC touch pad glitching frequently

HP Pavilion 15-n221sa Notebook PC, windows 8.1, 8GB ram (7.89 usable), 64 bit os, 1.80 GHz intel core i3 processor

I got my new laptop that I bought recently (3-4 weeks, give or take) and I've noticed that my touch pad us acting up OFTEN. Sometimes it brings up the charms bar and randomly opens an option while other times it just straight up freezes. I can tell that it is the touch pad freezing and not the pc because I can still use the keyboard to do things on my laptop and I use a usb mouse that always works without fail.

I have installed quite a few things but I have done frequent full system scans using norton internet security and it has "removed" 1 virus so far. I haven't done a malware scan but I'm getting to it right now.

My question is has a spirit possessed my laptop or is my touchpad broken?

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 5 (334 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 15-n221sa Notebook PC touch pad glitching frequently

Hi lolful64,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I will be happy to help with the TouchPad freezing. I don't think that you need to call the Ghostbusters quite yet. Is it only freezing when you try access Charms Bar or does it freeze at other times? Start by reinstalling your Synaptics TouchPad Driver.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
lolful64
Message 3 of 5 (318 Views)

Its not just freezing during usage of the charms bar (which I DON'T use by the way) it just freezes at random times, the wierd part is that out of all of the situations they don't share anything in common. It never happens when I do sometime in particular, heck sometimes it even freezes at the login screen. Thats when I have to grab my mouse and do things the annoying stupid way.

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 4 of 5 (282 Views)

Hi lolful64,

Let's use the HP Diagnostic Tools to check to see if there are any hardware issues. Run the System Test – Extensive Test and let me know if you get any errors. You can also use the System File Checker tool to check your operating system for corruptions. I would also recommend doing a Check Disk to see if there are any problems there.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
lolful64
Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)

System file checker shows nothing same as the check disk scan. Still need to run the Hp diagnostic tool though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation