Question

Student
SharpHD
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

HP Pavilion 17 fan is loud and is always on.

Hi. i just bought a refurbished Pavilion 17 from best buy. i love everything about this computer except for the fan. The fan is always on, wven when web browsing. the only wait to quiet it is too put it into power saver or not do anything. i cant even do a screen record with OBS, or play a simple game like minecraft without the fan on full blast. it really disrupts talking on skype or recording with the Mic. The laptop is not hot at all, and the temps sit around 30-40 deg Celsius. ive provided a video of the loudness of the fan. 

NOTE: I know that this is sitting on a bed and part of the fan is covered. I still have this issue even if the fan isnt blocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1sbPCX8UY

Thanks in advance!

Regents Professor
visruth
Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 17 fan is loud and is always on.

SharpHD wrote:

Hi. i just bought a refurbished Pavilion 17 from best buy. i love everything about this computer except for the fan. The fan is always on, wven when web browsing. the only wait to quiet it is too put it into power saver or not do anything. i cant even do a screen record with OBS, or play a simple game like minecraft without the fan on full blast. it really disrupts talking on skype or recording with the Mic. The laptop is not hot at all, and the temps sit around 30-40 deg Celsius. ive provided a video of the loudness of the fan. 

NOTE: I know that this is sitting on a bed and part of the fan is covered. I still have this issue even if the fan isnt blocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1sbPCX8UY

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Try to follow the steps given in here:

Reducing Fan Noise

I know its not overheating, but its worth ruling out the check points given in this:

Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

Do a complete hard drive test & memory test from BIOS System Diagnostics F2if you can, also update BIOS, update all the latest drivers - graphics, chipset etc & also latest Windows updates.

Do a hard reset, that might do the trick in most cases. Or just check the connections after all that is done.

Read on this & prompty follow it ---

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 8)

Hope this resolves your issue,

If these troubleshooting doesn't go well, I think you might want to go to the repair center.

thanks,

***CLICK 'KUDOS' IF MY REPLY HAS HELPED YOU***

***CLICK 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION' ON THIS REPLY TO HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM***

+++ Click Kudos / White thumb to say thanks
+++ Click Accept as Solution if this solves your issue
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation