Question

Tutor
MilesToGo
Message 1 of 2 (809 Views)

HP Pavilion DV 9000 battery dead?

I have a DV9000 series PC.  Several months ago I received a message from HP that the batteries in some DV9000 laptops were failing unexpectedly.  A link in the message sent me to a page with a program that scanned my PC and told me my battery was fine and I didn't need to replace it.  Yesterday my laptop shut down unexpectedly and when I plugged it it I received a message that my battery is fully charged but I should replace my battery.  So, my question is will HP still replace my battery or do I need to replace it myself.  A new battery is 139.00 + shipping and I hate to buy a new battery if instead I should just invest in a new laptop.

Thanks,

Kathy

Student
ivrocha
Message 2 of 2 (685 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV 9000 battery dead?

I also have this problem.

I bought one DV7-1243dx laptop in 2009. My warranty expired in Ago/2009, however the battery (AG08) began to warn that it is loaded, but it requires replacement and does not support more than 10 minutes.
I've passed the original program HP scanner and not resolved.
A few months ago I received a notice that the batteries (AG08) in some DV9000 laptop were showing unexpected failure.
I want to know if HP will replace the battery?

Thanks,

Isaias

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation