HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA battery time (586 Views)
Honor Student
aitchpea
Message 1 of 5 (586 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA battery time

Hi there,

A couple of weeks back I bought an HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA which, in it's spec that I read before purchasing it, quoted a battery life of 6 hours.

Now I realize that many things can reduce battery time, but everytime I have fully charged the battery to 100%, within ten minutes or so of using it, it shows just over three hours remaining.  All I am doing at present is surfing the web and microsoft docs.  No gaming, no burning disks, nothing that would consume the battery time so quick.

What am I overlooking here?

Many thanks for reading.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (552 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6-6052SA battery time

For maximum battery time you need to set the Power Option to Power saver. The Balanced or Performance really suck the juice out of a battery.

Best regards,

erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
aitchpea
Message 3 of 5 (551 Views)

Thanks Erico.  I'll give that a go. 

Honor Student
aitchpea
Message 4 of 5 (540 Views)

Hi again,

Tried your suggestion, even reduced the graphics performance, brightness etc, but still no use.

I fully charged the battery again and then left my PC for a bit.  Went back surfed the web for about ten minutes and when hovering over the battery icon in the task bar, it was reading 2 hr 45 min left!  Not sure what's happening to the other 3hr 15min.

Maybe it's a battery issue. 

Thanks.

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 5 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]

aitchpea wrote:

Hi again,

Tried your suggestion, even reduced the graphics performance, brightness etc, but still no use.

I fully charged the battery again and then left my PC for a bit.  Went back surfed the web for about ten minutes and when hovering over the battery icon in the task bar, it was reading 2 hr 45 min left!  Not sure what's happening to the other 3hr 15min.

Maybe it's a battery issue. 

Thanks.

I can't see your notebook getting 6 hours without a 12-cell battery and a second generation SSD. Is that what is installed?

Best,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation