Question

Student
londonguy10
Message 1 of 1 (1,739 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6000 (dv6-1131ea) - speakers crackling and sometime electronic buzzing sounds

Hi

I hope somebody can help.

Recently my HP Pavilion dv6-1131ea has been making crackling noise a lot over the audio and this is becoming more and more frequent and is making it difficult to listen to music, play games or watch anything.

Its seems to get worse if I have another application running alongside the none I'm listening too - e.g... If I'm watching a film and open up itunes to sync my ipod it tends to gets worse so it seems the more I have running the worse it becomes.

it generally just seems to be a crackling noise but sometimes it can be a electronic buzzing noise - this tends to be more if I'm doing something more CPU heavy alongside it

I've had my laptop since last May and its never been an issue.  The only thing I can think that could have changed is that I upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 32 bit at the beginning of Jan and all problems have been since then.  However, this may be coincidental.

I've update my audio driver and my BIOS driver is up to date (I updated this when upgrading to Windows 7)

Often a reboot will totally sort it but it is happening more and more often and this is not practical to keep doing and very frustrating and it will inevitably start again at some point.

I'm totally at a loss as to what is causing this.  Any advice?  Its driving me crazy

Full product details

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3947230&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=uk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation