HP Pavilion DV6000 how do you remove hard drive? (358 Views)
Tutor
VegasGMC
Message 1 of 6 (358 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6000 how do you remove hard drive?

I have the Service Guide that says to remove the hard drive cover and then pull up on the plastic  tab but thats where the SATA connector is and the HD wont budge. It looks like the whole back case has to be removed so the HD can slide back and up. thanks

PhD Student
mahemac
Message 2 of 6 (353 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6000 how do you remove hard drive?

Hi,

Could you mention the complete model number or the product number of the laptop.

"I work for HP."

Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

Tutor
VegasGMC
Message 3 of 6 (349 Views)

DV6208NR.  The hard drive looks like the one in my Probook thats a nightmare to take out. Thanks

Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 6 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hard Drive Manual

See Page 10.  The connector over the SATA port plugs into the header on the motherboard with a downward motion. You should just be able to pull up on the tab and it will come free. What difficulty are you having?

The caddy does have two little flanges on the front of it so the motion is more up and back to disconnect the SATA adapter piece and get the caddy flanges back out of their little slots.

PhD Student
mahemac
Message 5 of 6 (330 Views)

Hi,

Use the below link which gives information of removal of all parts of the notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035677.pdf

"I work for HP."

Please click the "White Kudos" star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem.

Tutor
VegasGMC
Message 6 of 6 (316 Views)

Thanks. I've never seen a connector like that. It took alot of force to get it out.  This whole thing is baffling. Every other HP and Compaq I've worked on has come apart fairly easily. I was hoping to swap out the processor but may have to give that up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation