Question

Top Student
Laxus
Message 1 of 1 (695 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6700 wont boot unless press F9

[ Edited ]

Hello! I have an HP Pavilion dv6700 that was not booting normally (by HD), or via CD/DVD or USB flash drive, get a black screen or reset. However, after searching I thought that could be a overheat problem. I decided to open it and replace the thermal paste. After the whole procedure, the notebook has stopped resetting alone. But now there is another problem: to make the boot work I need to press F9 and select from where I want to boot, when I let it starts himself hangs on a black screen. What is it? Anyone knows how to help?

Is that a BIOS issue?? I already updated the BIOS and now the Windows 8 is functioning perfectly.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! it is perfect now.. after a another little search i turned on notebook with keys Windows and B to start in ZOMBIE MODE and restaured the BIOS! ITS PERFECT NOW.. for the ones that had the same issue with reset and black screen(wont boot) the solution is disassembling the note and changing the therm paste.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation