HP Pavilion G6-1113eo webcam not working (10813 Views)
Honor Student
eichpe
Message 1 of 15 (10,813 Views)

HP Pavilion G6-1113eo webcam not working

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion G6-1113eo with Windows 7 and the integrated webcam stopped working just  a few weeks after I bought it. I have several times tried reinstalling and updating the driver program (cyberlink youcam) but nothing seems to help. What should I do? Cyberlink can't find the webcam at all. The Youcam program is not so important to me, if it is easier to get the camera working without it. 

So what to do? I wouldn't like to do a recovery of Windows as I feel it could happen again at any time.

Tutor
BigManAndy
Message 2 of 15 (10,784 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6-1113eo webcam not working

Sounds like the hardware has failed.

If your warranty was still valid it should be replaced.

If not, if you don't fancy replacing it yourself (eBay), just buy a USB webcam is probably the handiest.

Honor Student
eichpe
Message 3 of 15 (10,783 Views)

I think it would be strange if the hardware would have failed on a laptop which is just a few weeks old, so I think it has to be some kind of software issue. Also, I got it working once after a reboot (after it had been not working already for several days), but then at next reboot it didn't work again. But after that I have rebooted several times and also uninstalled/reinstalled the Cyberlink software several times but it hasn't started to work.

Tutor
BigManAndy
Message 4 of 15 (10,781 Views)

To be honest, if it was only a few weeks old, I'd insist on a return under warranty.

Honor Student
eichpe
Message 5 of 15 (10,768 Views)

Yes, but now it is already two months old because I haven't had time to do anything about it for a few weeks, and now I have already so much stuff on it that I wouldn't like to have to reinstall everything again, and it would also feel stupid to send it on service if it is only a software problem.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 15 (10,766 Views)

I purchased a new dv7t in August - the bulletin TrueVision HD webcam never worked. 

After pawing through zillions of webcam posts on the forum, it appears that the new TrueVision HD webcams are troublesome - they are either prone to outright hardware failure (unknown), or the connections that keep them running are faulty (also unknown, but suspect).

Brand new dv7t - webcam DOA.  No webcam in the device manager, no webcam after Windows 7 software reload, no webcam after everything else I could think of to solve the issue.  It became a "Problem", that is, a mystery.  I'm an old Unix Geek - I dislike mysteries.

After weeks of loading all my software and getting the system "just so", of getting my photography software loaded, my design software configured, I backed everything up and stripped the system down to factory rebuild.  I packed it back to HP for repair.

Sad.

Worthwhile?  Logitech makes a couple of really nice webcams (Logitech 720p Webcam Pro 9000, and the Logitech 1080p Webcam Pro C910) that you can clip/post onto a second monitor (or onto your laptop monitor).

There are lots of member ideas in this forum - try all the ideas you can find and then decide if it's worth sending it for repair.  The backup software if pretty easy to use and the repair process is pretty easy - you call, they send a box - you put your system in the box and send it to them.  I would not send HP a system with any of your stuff on it - put the system back to factory rebuild first and then send it in... Just my personal opinion...  Oh, if you have Lo-Jack on your system, turn it off when you send the system to HP.  Smiling.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
lolijess
Message 7 of 15 (10,691 Views)

what I had to do  to fix this message "cyberlink you cam does not support a screen resolution smaller tham 1280x600 with 120 DPI"

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 8 of 15 (10,650 Views)

Welcome to the Forum, LoliJess.

It sounds like your Display setting and your Text setting are at odds with what your YouCam webcam software can handle.

What does that mean?

Well, things have to be balanced.

It sounds like your screen display resolution is set very low, that is, things look very large in your Desktop display area.

Your text is set a bit on the larger side - at 125% (as it shows on my system's setup for 120 DPI).

OK - Here is what I think:

If you can do so (and still see stuff), AND your system can handle it (meaning your hardware can do it), you may need to set your display resolution "higher".  Things (windows, applications) will look a bit smaller in the Desktop (on your screen).   You can still have the Text set larger so you can see printed words and such, but the resolution and the text size have to be more in line with each other so YouCam can handle it.

BASICS on Display Settings:

XP Display Settings:

Anywhere on your Desktop, in a clear area, Right-Click

go to "Properties" --> Settings

At the Screen resolution box, move the slider to the right (-->) to increase the resolution (higher)

Click OK - it may ask if you want to "Accept the changes" - Decide and then click

XP Fonts

If you want to change the Font size, you may do so as long as you are willing to use OTHER than "Windows Classic Style".

go to "Properties" --> Appearance

select "Windows XP Style"

select Font Size --> "Large" (or Extra Large)

Windows 7 Display

Anywhere on your screen (Desktop), Right-Click

go to "Screen resolution"

At the Screen resolution box, move the slider up to increase the resolution (higher).

Click OK - it may ask if you want to accept - Decide and then click

Windows 7 Fonts

At the Screen resolution page, select "Make Text and other items larger or smaller" - click

On the Font page, make your selection.

You'll have to log out/in for the changes to take effect.

Vista Display

Probably similar to Win7.  Sorry, no Vista in the home office right now. :smileysad:

Graphics for Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit:

scrn_res1.PNG  scrn_res2.PNGscrn_res3.PNGscrn_res4.PNG

Good Luck!

Hope this Helps.

Kudos will come to those who earn them!

NOTES for Later!

I don't know what kind of computer you have - if you need to come back for more help:

please say exact model and which operating system (windows 7 32 or 64bit for example).

Another Hint - If you have another (separate, new question on different subject), it's better to open a new post with your own question instead of posting on someone else's question - you are more likely to get more attention that way.  The reason is simple - once a question is answered, not everyone goes in and looks to see if there is more activity and your inquiry may get missed.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Message 9 of 15 (8,200 Views)

i am having a problem with my webcam

Honor Student
Message 10 of 15 (8,199 Views)

webcam problems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation