Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks

Had already tried all this but ran through it once again to make sure hadn't missed anything..... updated my LAN and touchpad to the latest version, but all else correct and latest up-to-date files, both HP and WIN.

Still have the white LED on the wireless button even though it is disabled.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with HP ENVY dv6-7214nr.

It began on Win 8.1 update.

The LED turns Amber during startup (when the HP logo is on screen), regardless of the airplane mode (not sure if controled from the BIOS or from Windows), then beommes white when the lock screen shows, regardless of the actual airplane mode (on/off).

Except for the indication, all wireless connectivity seems to function normally.

I've seen this issue on this site with many other models.

HP, please help.

(BTW, I have all possible updates form both microsoft and HP)

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello There,

I've solved my problem - may solve yours as well:

It was the Mediatek (Railink) Blutooth driver (even though my BT was off all the time).

I used a windows 8.1 driver from HP (although not directly under my laptop): search "Mediatek Bluetooth Software Driver"

SP64041.exe at

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-125117-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Enjoy

🙂

HP Recommended

You're a genius sir, thought HP would have twigged this long before now.

After seeing your post I thought rather than installing an unknown driver I would simply disable the bluetooth driver I had, so I went to the device manager and there I disabled my "Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 Adaptor" and INSTANTLY the wireless LED turned orange (as the wireless was disabled). I enabled the wireless and it turned white, disabled again and it went back to orange.

I re-enabled the bluetooth driver and the disabled wireless button went immediately to white again.

I repeated the above a few times and everytime, with the bluetooth disabled the wireless button and LED function perfectly.

I am now downloading the driver you speak about and install that and see how I get on, but either way, thanks for pointing us in the right direction!

Cheers!

HP Recommended

hey,

i did have the same problem in my laptop(same model) .check out whether your bluetooth software is working and if not uninstall it and the light problem goes off..

HP Recommended

Thanks Thanks..

The idea worked!

HP Recommended

I don't know how you figured that out, but it worked for me, I too was a little leary on just installing a driver right away I didn't know if it was going to do much for me.  Then I went and disabled the bluetooth and instantly could see that it was working.  Enabled the bluetooth and instantly stopped working.  So I decided I would try the driver and would figure out how to correct it if it didn't work, and it did.  Now after installing the driver, the light works as it should, and the bluetooth and everything else with the computer is working correctly again.  Thanks for the genius advice.

@HP__User wrote:

Hello There,

I've solved my problem - may solve yours as well:

It was the Mediatek (Railink) Blutooth driver (even though my BT was off all the time).

I used a windows 8.1 driver from HP (although not directly under my laptop): search "Mediatek Bluetooth Software Driver"

SP64041.exe at

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-125117-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Enjoy

🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info guys, but I've a  brand new HP Elitebook 840 G1 and experiencing the same isssues. No update but a clean install of Windows 8.1 (laptop came with windows 7 preinstalled). After all updates still no orange light; everything else works though.

dont't have a Ralink T drive, but one of Intel. Uninstalling does not help. Tried different versions of de Wireless Key driver; but still no dice. Any more tips?

HP Recommended

Good news! Today I got an update from HP with newer Intel WifiDrivers (version 17.13.0.9) and finally my button starts working as it was supposed to be. Green when on, Red when off (flightmode).

So I Can close this issue. Now I can focus on my Validity sensor; which has broken down this week....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.