Question

Honor Student
SlavySpasoff
Message 1 of 6 (836 Views)

HP Pavilion G6-2260su overheat

Hello. I recentlly (1 month ago) bought HP Pavilion G6-2260su and I noticed that it overheats whenever I game on it. I downloaded CPU monitoring software (Core Temp) and the CPU was reaching values above the recomended ones t°=100+C°. Then I bought cooling board for Laptop but it really didn't helped much, since it still keeps t° ~90-98C° when I game on my Laptop.
I know that A4 processors tend to heat alot but still as far as I reserch the A4-4300m tj.max (maximum allowed temperature) is 100C° and even with a cooling board the processor comes close to this values.
So my question is: "Is it normal for the laptop and the processor in general to reach those values and have you test it since I'm not sure it's really "healthy" for a processor the stay near his tj.max for a long time."
Thanks!

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 2 of 6 (818 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6-2260su overheat

[ Edited ]

SlavySpasoff

Please download the new Bios an drivers form this side

Uninstall the AMD HD driver over the CCC and install the new form the side

HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Honor Student
SlavySpasoff
Message 3 of 6 (806 Views)

Thank you for the help, but I had my BIOS updated already. It was Insyde F.23, now I updated it to Insyde F.26 but I'm not sure it will make any difference.
As for the ATI HD drivers I don't seem to find and ATI drives in the provided like ("side") for Windows 7 Ultimate x64. But I'm with the latest APU and GPU drives (9.12.0.0 from 19.12.12) provided by ATI on their site. 
If I must use different drivers could you please provide me a link?
Thanks!

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 4 of 6 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]

SlavySpasoff

OK, I understand the problem; you installed the ATI driver over HP AMD, switchable never works HP had an on AMD configuration for Notebooks.

You have the choice us forever HP AMD or the AMD ATI drivers.

1st uninstall the ATI and Intel HD driver, reboot and install HP AMD an use every time HP drivers.

2nd uninstall over this manual Full Cleanup, and install this AMD ATI driver  and use every time AMD ATI drivers.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Honor Student
SlavySpasoff
Message 5 of 6 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well as far as I read the drivers you provided are for AMD+Intel Laptops and my Laptop is with ATI Video (HD7670M) and AMD APU Chipset (A4-4300M). 
And I'm not sure of the trustworth of this site to be honest. And even this Leshcat is a trustworthy source, how come ATI drivers doesn't work properlly on ATI Video Card and ATI GPU?
Also my switchable graphics does work. Whenever I set some game to run on high performance it switches from the A4-4300M GPU to HP7670M GPU. 

PhD Student
Toffy
Message 6 of 6 (772 Views)

I had a link for you HOT GPU

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation