HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC - Continuously turns on and off after new ram is inserted repetitively (75 Views)
Student
Adam_M
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC - Continuously turns on and off after new ram is inserted repetitively

I have just installed another 4 gb of ram making it 8 gb. It works fine the first time it has started up with the new ram but when it has been turned off with the new ram installed for at least 30 minutes it just refuses the ram and just turns on and off repetitively. I have to take out the new ram and turn on the computer on to get it running again. Once it has had a full start up without the new ram I can insert the new ram again but then this problem consists.

Product number: A3D96PA#ABG

Processor name: Intel Core i5-2430M 2.40GHz

BIOS F.66 - 01/24/2013

My PC is running windows 8.1 Pro

The details of the new 4gb of ram are: Crucial 4GB DDR - 1600 SODIMM

HP
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC - Continuously turns on and off after new ram is inserted repetitivel

Hi Adam_M,

Welcome to HP forum!

Thank you for you query, I will do my best to assist you.

I understand that you installed additional ram up to 8 GB and you have a startup issue.  Here is a  link to the HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide SUMMARY.  If you note on Page 3, under memory your system only support up to 6 GB of ram. Please let me know if you want any more assistance.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation