Question

Tutor
Kenrick4kx
Message 1 of 29 (29,410 Views)

HP Pavilion G6 TouchPad Wont Work

Hello everyone can somebody help me out please my HP Pavilion g6-1a31nr Notebook PC  TouchPad wont turn on the light is off

and i cant  turn it on and Synaptics Pointing Device already installed in my program list i restore the laptop to factory setting and it still didn't turn on right now am using a mouse on it please somebody help me solve this promblem how do i go ahead and turn on this TouchPad?

:smileysad:

Tutor
Kenrick4kx
Message 2 of 29 (29,392 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6 TouchPad Wont Work

And the Synatics icon doesn't appear on taskbar am using a wireless mouse.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 29 (29,379 Views)

Hi,

First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52524.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, Shut down the notebook and un plug the mouse you are currently using.

Start up the notebook and see if the Touchpad now works.  If it does, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and check that it still operates correctly.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Kenrick4kx
Message 4 of 29 (29,367 Views)

that didn't work is there any other advoice?remember the touchpad light completely off

Provost
DavidPK
Message 5 of 29 (29,361 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If your touchpad has the light in-set in the top left corner, the light being off should mean the touchpad is active as it should only be illuminated when the touchpad is turned off.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up 'Mice and other pointing devices' - what is listed here?

Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

Regards,

DP-K

Tutor
Kenrick4kx
Message 6 of 29 (29,356 Views)

[ Edited ]

here is all the information 

HP Pavilion   : g6-1a31nr Notebook PC
Product Number  :LQ538UA#ABA

Serial Number : {Removed for privacy}

When i open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up 'Mice and other pointing i see

The Mouse And The Laptop Alog With Fax And Microsoft xps Document Writer,just 4 item in there

Provost
DavidPK
Message 7 of 29 (29,343 Views)

Hi,

So there is no entry for the Synaptics Touchpad in Device Manager, is that correct?

Open windows Control Panel and open Programs and Features - do you see an entry for Synaptics Pointing Device Driver here?

Regards,

DP-K

Tutor
Kenrick4kx
Message 8 of 29 (29,329 Views)

yes its in programms

Provost
DavidPK
Message 9 of 29 (29,320 Views)

Hi,

Try the process below again - the driver included in the link is an alternative version so it's worth checking if this one resolves the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51572.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, Shut down the notebook and un plug the mouse you are currently using.

Start up the notebook and see if the Touchpad now works.  If it does, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and check that it still operates correctly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the new driver installed, what happens if you double-tap the top left corner of the Touchpad - does the light turn On/Off when you do this?

Does the Synaptics device show in Device Manager?

Regards,

DP-K

Tutor
Kenrick4kx
Message 10 of 29 (29,312 Views)

i tried that many times still didnt work i relialize something thou,the file of the Synnaptics installation file is like 94MB but when i istall it and go in programms and click on it,it show 46MB like it doesnt istall all the files.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation