HP Pavilion G6 laptop keys (2180 Views)
Student
Runacs1
Message 1 of 9 (2,180 Views)

HP Pavilion G6 laptop keys

Hello, I have recently been having a problem with my laptop keyboard where as the N and B keys are not functioning. I have not spilled any sort of food and or drink on my keyboard. When I repeatedly tap the two keys that are not working, they function the way the are supposed to for a while and I have been able to live with that for about a week now. I'm not sure what I should do about this problem, and any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 9 (2,168 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6 laptop keys

Try to replace the keyboard. You should be able to find them at Amazon or eBay for under $20.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Student
hp_freefox
Message 3 of 9 (2,073 Views)

WHAT? Please, tell me that you are joking.

With a brand new computer that obiously have a fault from start you expect the customer to go out on ebay to buy spare parts to solve the problem? Well, if that is what you are calling support...

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 9 (2,052 Views)

Hello Runacs1,

Try updating the BIOS and see if that solves your problem. http://goo.gl/upqQ8 This link will lead you to a document which will tell you how to download and update your BIOS. Please let me know if this helps..
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
yahshua1
Message 5 of 9 (2,008 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion G6 laptop keys on lft side of key board not working

Runacs1 wrote:

Hello, I have recently been having a problem with my laptop keyboard where as the N and B keys are not functioning. I have not spilled any sort of food and or drink on my keyboard. When I repeatedly tap the two keys that are not working, they function the way the are supposed to for a while and I have been able to live with that for about a week now. I'm not sure what I should do about this problem, and any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 6 of 9 (1,920 Views)

Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
stuck-key
Message 7 of 9 (1,141 Views)

We have the same problem with stuck N and B keys on our G6.      What was your fix? 

ps Our's is 1 month out of warranty

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 8 of 9 (1,079 Views)

Hello stuck key.

In the past I have used canned air to remoev debris stuck under keyboard keys.  Have you already tried using canned air?

Have a good weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
stuck-key
Message 9 of 9 (1,076 Views)

Had to replace the keyboard due to non-functioning N & B keys. Keyboard now works, but the touchpad is DEAD. I have a new TouchPad Palm rest on order

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation