Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a notebook HP Pavilion HDX 9280el that until last week worked, but after some operations to remove virus, and also some updates from microsoft windows 7 64 bit, began to crash continuosly, I tried to read many post about this problem testing many solutions (old and new graphics drivers, chipset, test temperature, hard disk, etc...) until I tried the last bios update from HP HDX series site...After this installation, notebook not work and all led are turned on while the screen is black.

I Tried to unboxing the notebook, I cleaned old thermal paste and replace the new thermal paste.

I removed the cmos battery for 30 minutes and after this I assembled the notebook.

I contacted HP but there aren't spare parts for this product.

So, this notebook was expensive and I would like to resolve this problem with every solution if possible.

Please, can someone help me?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi cicciodoors,

Here is a link to another thread in the HP Forums where SFarhan has posted instructions on how to flash the BIOS from the USB.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi cicciodoors,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding the problems getting the notebook not to boot after the BIOS update. Unfortunately, you shouldn't have installed that update because it was for Windows Vista not Windows 7. There are no Windows 7 drivers for your model so that is most likely the reason for your no boot. You can try Restoring the BIOS to the previous version to see if that resolves the issue. When you try and turn it on do you notice if the Num or Caps Lock flash at all? If so how many times? This blink code will help indicate the problem.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello, I wolud like to restore the previous bios, but from HP site there are only *.exe bios for windows vista... Can I insert this bios program into the usb key or floppy drive for to try to install it?

Sometimes caps lock flash only one times...other times more times 😕

HP Recommended

Hi cicciodoors,

Here is a link to another thread in the HP Forums where SFarhan has posted instructions on how to flash the BIOS from the USB.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Ok, I solved problem restoring bios with the last version available...now system seem to function perfectly! I used an external floppy drive disk because with usb key was unreadable 😕 but I'm very very happy for have solved this problem!

I downloaded the rom.bin from hp site and i put it on a floppy disk and with the procedure indicated in the previously posts, Bios has been updated and notebook now working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.