Question

Honor Student
csudbrack
Message 1 of 9 (7,190 Views)

HP Pavilion Laptop dv6 Touch Pad Click too hard

Browsing numerous forums on laptop relative to Touch Pad after receiving my own this Christmas. Not only is the Touch Pad sensitivity set way too light as a default, but the left and right click buttons are way too hard.

There is no question that HP needs to Recall all of there laptops that use this same touch pad and replace them with a pad that has a lot lighter spring.

There is no way my two younger boys or an older person with weak fingers could even use these buttoms.

Please assist all who are promoting this recall to convince HP that replacement of these touch pads is necessary if want any kind of customer satisfaction and no loss of product image. I believe they are going to be getting a lot of requests from many wanting to return their laptops with full refunds due to this issue.

Cecil

Honor Student
adrift_guilty
Message 2 of 9 (7,155 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Laptop dv6 Touch Pad Click too hard

hi 

try updating your driver from synaptics directly, then go to tapping and assign the zones to right and left click , it will eliminate the need for buttons, oem driver with laptop automatically disables this option for some reason.

Top Student
FrankWhite
Message 3 of 9 (7,097 Views)

I have a new dv6se. i hate the mouse pad.mainly having to use 2 fingers to  scroll. Is there a updated driver that i could get to convert to 1 finger scroll. Which 95% of laptops have these days???

The right/left buttons also move the cursor when pressed. buttons are wayyy sensitive.  please help, I hve 2 days left until i can no longer return!!!!

Tutor
pixie1234
Message 4 of 9 (6,535 Views)

I too feel the same way about the right/left mouse click. Its too hard. Apart from the mouse click, everything else is ok in the laptop. Don't understand what they were thinking while designing this basic feature in the laptop :smileymad:

When I bought this laptop, i thought the buttons would smoothen with time, but its almost 8 months and there's no change.

I finally called hp support and they said they are going to replace the touchpad.

Honor Student
brandyfreed
Message 5 of 9 (5,841 Views)

I also have a hp dv6. the touch pad is very hard to use. I sent it back to the factory to be repaired, it came back the same. I visited 3 stores and tested all the hp computers with the new cheap touch pad. some worked easy, some worked hard.  the touch pad is a piece of junk.

Honor Student
KennyC
Message 6 of 9 (5,488 Views)

I purchased the DV6-3230 in January and frustrated with the higher than normal effort to click.  I contacted support yesterday and they said to return the laptop for service.  The concern I have right now is whether or not this is an identified problem and if they will fix it.  Other laptops in the store seem to be easier to click so I have a bit of hope.

Top Student
smokybarnable
Message 7 of 9 (4,759 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just sent my laptop in for repair regarding this issue and they returned it to me untouched saying the touchpad is designed that way. They will not help you with your problem. {Content Removed: no legal discussion permitted}

Honor Student
Doug-B
Message 8 of 9 (2,690 Views)

I too wish I could replace the trackpad in my DV6!!!

Honor Student
cheylove
Message 9 of 9 (1,778 Views)

ugh!  the mousepad on my laptop is hard to touch :smileysad: how can i make this mousepad as a soft touch pad? please help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation