HP Pavilion M6-1006TX; Problems with left hinge and screen closing of laptop (108 Views)
Student
Vasishta
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

HP Pavilion M6-1006TX; Problems with left hinge and screen closing of laptop

Dear Sir/Madam

I have purchased a HP Pavilion M6 1006TX silver/Intel Core i7 with 14" screen from Malaysia on 31st2012. However about a few weeks ago, I have noticed that I am facing a problem with one of hinges. Intially it appeared a bit hard to close the laptop and a few days later, I found that one of the hinges ie the right one has come out of the groove, making it almost impossible to close the screen.  The panel on the back of the screen has also been slightly dislodged at the bottom close to the hinge. I have taken the laptop to a local customer care centre here in Hyderabad for inspection and cost estimation for the repair.  I found the guy totally clueless and have given me a vague figure saying it could be anywhere between 5k to 15k. He even suggested that, it may cost even more and he hinted that the laptop condition may even get worse and there might be total dispaly failure. I was hesitant to hand over the laptop and returned home. 

Could you folks over here advice me on the way forward.

Grad Student
computerwhiz90
Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion M6-1006TX; Problems with left hinge and screen closing of laptop

Call HP and have them take it into repair. The hinges and parts that are damaged need to be replaced. Something is bent or forcing it to stay open. Its not that he was clueless...he didn't know what parts are damaged and you cant tell until you get in there.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation