Question

Student
Helplessman
Message 1 of 4 (43,284 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6-2170eo notebook, fan cleaning

I got my Computer back in July, everything was really working brilliant,

Until i got this problem with dust in my fan.The fan is making noise when i begin gaming, and it gets reaally hot. So hot that it almost could melt down any minute. And when my computer get this hot the performance gets really lousy.

I've tried to take out the screws and clean the fan. But  no matter how many screws I pull up, i just can't seem to get into where the fan is located.

I hope you can help me with my problem, it would mean a whole deal to me.

Ps. Somebody said i should use the compressed air thingy, but i am really not convinced that is going to help. Since it doesn't remove the dust, but blows it further into the computer?

Teacher
Jtom
Message 2 of 4 (43,263 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-2170eo notebook, fan cleaning

Here's your manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01860375.pdf

Go to the "Removal and replacement procedures" section to disassemble.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 4 (43,254 Views)

You should not have to disassemble the laptop to clean the fan and heatsink, see this

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01657439

Honor Student
HDTVCAMERA
Message 4 of 4 (7,786 Views)

I've done the basic exterior dusting with no improvement.  The interior of my dv6 is practically inaccessable because of the design.  Other laptops don't require the degree of disassembly of this HP product to clean the interior dust.  HP has produced a horribly designed product.  My feeling on their motives suspect driving users to purchase a new computer when inaccessibe dust causes system failure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation