Question

Honor Student
sptjoseph
Message 1 of 7 (15,131 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6 Battery not charging

My battery stays charged at 50% and it says "(plugged in, charging)" when it really is not. If i disconnect the power cord the laptop will shut off and in order to boot up the computer it must be connected to the power cord. When I performed the HP Battery Check it said it was "OK."

This is the second battery I have had and the last one had the same problem. I am starting to think it may not be the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 7 (15,124 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 Battery not charging

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to fix your issue.

Improving Battery Performance

Testing and Calibrating the Battery

Hi

Try this:

Disconnect AC

Shutdown

Remove battery

Connect AC

Startup

Open Device Manager

Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).

Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.

Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.

Shutdown

Disconnect AC

Insert battery

Connect AC

Startup

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
sptjoseph
Message 3 of 7 (15,091 Views)

Hi Manjunath I tired this out but unfortunately it the battery is still stuck on 50%.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 7 (15,064 Views)

Hi

Have you updated the Bios & HPSA from HP website and run the test again from F2 and check. Incase if test fails you need to replace the part.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
sptjoseph
Message 5 of 7 (15,025 Views)

Hey Majunath

Sorry about the late reply. I updated the BIos and HPSA but unfortunatly it is still not working. I am going to take it to a computer shop very soon to replace the part.

Out of curoisty do you know what that part is called? If you did that would really help me out.

Thanks!

Tutor
cjc2
Message 6 of 7 (13,996 Views)

arg.    This was almost perfect.

I went throught the steps and my battery showed 100% again !!

but then, after a reboot - the problem re-emerged.

(no doubt the device manager sees the uninstalled items as missing and reinstalls them)

so - what's the final, last step - to make the changes/fixed permanent?

Thanks!

Student
captcaron
Message 7 of 7 (5,050 Views)

Hi,

Did not work, bought a brand new battery for my HP DV6 2150CA and it does charge for approx 3 sec and it goes back to not charging.  Never had that problem before and I have widow 7 Home Premiun.

Can you help.

Thanks

Claude

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation