Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have a similar situation. I'm trying to access the BIOS on my dv6.  Should I be pressing the 'fn' key along with f10, or just the f10 key without pressing  the 'fn' key? 

HP Recommended
Hi I have a similar problem with my laptop. HP 13-AOOOna model. The code displaying on the Bois menu is 80478213
HP Recommended

@sknit24

Enter    35550835

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thank you
HP Recommended

I get no prompt to press the ESC key at startup.  No fn key does anything.  Just boots into Windows.  Trying to boot from DVD drive.

HP Recommended

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 because the laptop does not recognize the password I used to set up the account.  So ... pressing <esc> does nothing.   All I see is an HP logo in the center of the screen and it can be held there if I hold the key down long enough so it starts to beep but when the beeping is done it boots immediately to Windows. 

Before I looked up the key to use, presumably <esc> followed by <f2>  I tried <f2> and launched a pre-boot system checkout program.  This did not appear to have anything to do with the BIOS.  Now I can't even get back to that program with <f2>.

So does anyone know what to do about a BIOS that has apparently been put into some sort of fast boot mode or perhaps the BIOS is locked somehow?

I am trying to recycle my brother's kids old laptop for my brother.   Still no idea why the password I used to set up his account does not work

HP Recommended

i just set a bios administrator password and a start up password, immediatly afterwards my HP Pavillion DV6 asks for either of those, after entering them in 3 times, I've received System Disabled code 88851081

what the heck happened here?

HP Recommended

I HAVE HP PAVILION G6 .... BIOS SYSTEM DISABLED ... SHOW NO 68900160

COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE ...

TAHNK'S

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.