HP Pavilion dv6000 Webcam no longer even on the list of devices. (59973 Views)
Student
SuperTedGB
Message 1 of 16 (59,973 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6000 Webcam no longer even on the list of devices.

Hey, the day i bought my laptop i updated my drivers as my webcam was not working with MSN. i did so and it then stopped working all together.

I forgot about this and now, several months later i went back to try and fix the issue and cant even find the webcam under the list of devices. installing the appropriate driver didnt help either and i was just wonedering if anyone could give me a hand fixing it.

Thanks alot.

Student
timmyp223
Message 2 of 16 (59,954 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6000 Webcam no longer even on the list of devices.

Well I am having the same problem except that the webcam worked yesterday.  I am going on a business trip and wanted to be able to see the kids now what?
Student
Yousi
Message 3 of 16 (59,804 Views)

ehy guys!

any luck with hits problem? i can't see my webcam in the devices anymore and i don't know what to do! i guess this has to do with windows vista upgrade or something! plz help !

Honor Student
macchi
Message 4 of 16 (59,787 Views)

Yousi

did you try?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Hardware&message.id=4748&query.id=281716#M4748

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Hardware&thread.id=1941&lang=en-us&cc=us&hpappid=HPCSF

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=TouchSmartPC&message.id=971#M971

Honor Student
blackhawk
Message 5 of 16 (58,983 Views)

I have the same problem!!!

can someone from HP help with this technical issue?

I badly need help on this, been looking and trying out other suggested solutions on the web, yet it did not help!!

Honor Student
Trip
Message 6 of 16 (58,894 Views)

Hey Guys

ive got a dv6617tx and of course just as the one year warrenty expires, so does the working life of my webcam. Its a complete and utter disgrace if you ask me. Ive system restored, loaded hundreds of drivers, loaded windows 7 (which detected it for about 5 mins and then bang went back to "Unknown Device").

The laptop knows there is something there, if i go to Device Manager and under USB, there is UNKNOWN DEVICE.Ive tried everything and i think HP owes it everyone to release a patch fix or atleast offer some decent level of customer support on the issue. Im soo annoyed and am tempted to never buy HP AGAIN! It should be made priority that HP gets on top of the issue ASAP!!

Student
Dan_iel
Message 7 of 16 (56,452 Views)

DV6000 webcam fix windows 7 x32

This worked for me. Not sure if it will work for you. Make sure the web cam is showing in the imaging devices in the device manager. Mine was not showing, and I had to I install the vista driver from hp to make it show in the  device manager. I had to right click the top of the device manager list and do add legacy hardware. I pointed to the device manually.  It then had a big explanation point with a yellow sign device is not working. You might not have to go through what  I did if the web cam is showing under the imaging device. I right clicked on the web cam with the yellow explanation point and set it to disable because I think there was a conflict with my drivers. I restared my computer and windows 7 automatically installed a new driver to make the camera work. I have two web cam drivers. One that is disabled and one that works.

I am leaving it that way because it works. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

Student
ajade24
Message 8 of 16 (56,167 Views)

Hey Folks,

My webcam worked when I intially bought the laptop, but within the past 8 months, a few Windows updates later, the webcam is no longer working.

I've been to device manager many times and it's not located there anymore either.

I called HP, they want $40 to help me fix it over the phone. Ludicris.

I'm fairly competent with computers, however this issue I can't seem to figure out.

ANY help would be greatly appreciate...in particular help that gets the webcam that should be working on my laptop!

THANKS!

Honor Student
Angry_A-bomb
Message 9 of 16 (54,675 Views)

So I got a dv6000 the webcam was working fine under vista. After I upgraded to windows 7 the webcam doesn't show up in device manager, and chatroulette says I have no webcam installed. HP says they don't support my model being upgraded to W7, So is there a way to get my webcam working, I got everything else to work  (except quickplay which I didn't want anyway) and my device manager has no yellow exclamation points. I've tried instaling  sp34746, sp35414, sp45112, and sp46571, none of which seemed to do anything. Would really love to use my webcam but nothing seems to work.

Student
CrossVXM
Message 10 of 16 (38,952 Views)

For future reference of people having this issue, try going to Computer > Local Disk > Windows > Downloaded Installations. There should be one or more files consisting of letters and numbers similar to that of a registry file. Check them all and locate the application HP Product Detection. I found this by accident and it made my webcam work. If not found, install from here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMQHJSHE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation