Question

Student
HPUser9871
Message 1 of 2 (127 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition: Hard Disk Error

Product name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Product number: A1U59AV

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Hi, I am having a problem on start-up. I will sometimes get an error message on a black screen that says "Hard Disk Error." When I proceed to system diagnostics and run the Hard Disk Test, the SMART Check is passed, but the Short DST fails. Failure ID: 6093L3-63L719-QFPK0J-60Q703. From browsing through other related posts, I realize that this means my Hard Disk Drive is failing and it will need to be replaced soon. My questions are 1) What kind of Hard Disk Drive do I need to replace my current one with? and 2) How do I back-up my Windows 7 Operating System and all other important data that I will need to install on the new HDD? Thanks. (My current HDD has a capacity of 750 GB).

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition: Hard Disk Error

Hello HPUser9871,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand the computer is displaying a hard disk failure. After reviewing the code, I found out that hard disk 1 has failed. Unfortunately, there is no troubleshooting you can do until you replace the hardware. I would contact HP phone support for assistance with this. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation