Question

Top Student
RKnipp
Message 1 of 4 (1,087 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6t- power cord in and charging but computer doesn't recognize it

Hello all,

Sometimes when I plug my laptop in, my laptop says it's still on battery power, the light on the outside of the ac outlet won't turn on and my battery bar tells me the battery is discharging, even though it is definitely charging, the charging light on the front of the laptop is on and the battery will go to 100%.  I don't know how to tell if this is a software issue, an issue with the cord, or an issue with the computer's outlet.  Usually when this happens, I unplug it and plug it back in multiple times until the little light comes on and the computer recognizes the ac. Any suggestions?  I want to resolve this before my computer gets some kind of electrical shock.

Thanks,

-Rebecca

Student
AmatuerTech
Message 2 of 4 (691 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6t- power cord in and charging but computer doesn't recognize it

Hi Rebecca,

i also am having this same issue with my dv6t1200, and today i ordered a replacement power connector off of ebay, when it arrives and after i replace the part i will share my results for you on here.  :smileyhappy:  .If intrested the part number for the power connector is    533465-001.best of luck and i will be posting my results in the next few days.  

best regards

Cody

Honor Student
djdoohickey
Message 3 of 4 (558 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6t- power cord in and charging but computer doesn't recognize it

I have a pavillion dv6t that is doing this exact same thing.  Any resolutions to this issue?

Honor Student
djdoohickey
Message 4 of 4 (534 Views)

YAY!

called HP support and they won't even talk to me unless I pay them for support.  This is bogus.  Obviously, this is either a known issue or a normal indication that either the battery or the ac adaptor is malfuctioning.

So, as I understand it, these are my choices:

1.  Give in to HP extortion and pay them just to talk, in hopes they actually have a relevant solution.

2.  Pay $100 for a new battery and see if that is the problem.

3.  Pay $75 for a new ac adaptor to see if that is the problem.

4.  Live with the issue and pray that my laptop doesn't just stop working at the worst time possible (on a stage in front of hundreds of people).

Thanks HP, the only thing I know for sure is that I will not be buying another one of your products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation