Question

Student
corvannoorloos
Message 1 of 4 (5,258 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7-2250ed and dual monitor setup

[ Edited ]

Good evening,

Currently I own a HP Pavilion dv7-2250ed notebook using a dual monitor setup (notebook display + extra monitor)

I wondered if it would be possible to hook 2 monitors to this laptop? (notebook display + extra monitor + extra monitor)

If this causes the problem, the notebook display isn't requered.

Also, if not, is there a dockingstation for this brand which supports the above?

Kind Regards,

Cor van Noorloos

Edit: a note to the devs of these forums, using multiple tags is done by comma's, not by spaces. You might wish to rephrase this phrase.

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 4 (5,192 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-2250ed and dual monitor setup

3 Displays is not likely supported. Intel graphics only supports 2. You can attach more but on 2 would be functional. You would need a docking station, the one I use has a DVI and VGA so I have two monitors connected that way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Student
    wgarn
    Message 3 of 4 (5,153 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7 and three screens

I have attempted to connect one monitor via HDMI and the other one via the VGA interface.

Using Windows 7 OS and "default configurations" (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution) it is possible to use both external monitors as desktop. However the laptop screen will go blank. So at any time it appears to be possible to have an extended desktop with only two screens.

- Does HP have any drivers/solutions that make it possible to extend the desktop from "Mobile PC" display to two additional desktops?

- Has anyone tried third party software  (e.g.. UltraMon)?

- Is there a technical restriction (e.g.. Videocard capability)?

- How about using a Linux OS (e.g.. Ubuntu)?

- What external Hardware exists that would enable me to extend my desktop to three or more monitors simultaneously?

Many thanks in advance.

PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 4 of 4 (5,149 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 and three screens

wgarn wrote:

I have attempted to connect one monitor via HDMI and the other one via the VGA interface.

Using Windows 7 OS and "default configurations" (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution) it is possible to use both external monitors as desktop. However the laptop screen will go blank. So at any time it appears to be possible to have an extended desktop with only two screens.

- Does HP have any drivers/solutions that make it possible to extend the desktop from "Mobile PC" display to two additional desktops?

- Has anyone tried third party software  (e.g.. UltraMon)?

- Is there a technical restriction (e.g.. Videocard capability)?

- How about using a Linux OS (e.g.. Ubuntu)?

- What external Hardware exists that would enable me to extend my desktop to three or more monitors simultaneously?

Many thanks in advance.

It's the graphics card and the number of physical connections available.  You might have 3 connections (notebook display being one) but the graphics card likely does not support more than 2 monitors.  Intel graphics only support 2, however you may be able to find some AMD chips that will support more however that would be a major upgrade.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation