HP Pavilion dv7-3069wm touch controls not working (1556 Views)
Student
AMC1975
Message 1 of 5 (1,556 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7-3069wm touch controls not working

Above the keyboard, next to the power button there was a lit up mute, volume control, and wireless control. At one point the wireless and mute button stayed amber until I did a hard reset. Now they are completely gone. The volume control and DVD controls are lit up white, but don't work. The Quick Launch icon is also gone.

The HP Quick Launch software has been update, but still nothing. I've installed the latest BIOS, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The laptop is out of warranty.

Honor Student
ZOMBI
Message 2 of 5 (1,502 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7-3079wm video card failure

I have a diferent problem but its also with a  Pavilion dv7-3079wm. I bought it in february 9 of 2010 and today when i check the warranty i discovered that was allready finished.

When i have like an hour or hour and a half using the internet or word or just listen music, suddenly the laptop stop working and the image on the screen gets frozen. Anything works and i have to shut down by the power button.

It takes like 15 minutes to restart again.

But if i just started to use it and open a videogame (age of empires) or a program which needs more graphic memory (archicad 12)  the computer stop working at 5 minutes.

Does anyone have the same problem???  Someone told me that the video card its damaged on this models, it's that true???

Atte: Zombi

Student
zombie_goose
Message 3 of 5 (1,421 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-3069wm touch controls not working

I to have said problem of the mute and wireless buttons being amber and the volume buttons along with the skip,play/pause, and stop buttons being white but not responding. After doing a hard reset the mute and wireless buttons were no longer lit up but the others were. and still they dont work. would someone explain why? better yet, how do i fix it?

Student
ljsanchez
Message 4 of 5 (1,323 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-3079wm video card failure

My freaking computer keeps freezing!! I paid over a thousand dollars for this thing and it's doing this?! Someone please help.

Honor Student
kevinjg05
Message 5 of 5 (723 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-3069wm touch controls not working

I have the same exact problem, hard reset and the mute and wifi don't light at all, i've tried all the drivers, bios, and upgrades they recommend on here and have not found a solution. additionally, my number lock on the keypad does not work, Idk if that could be related, it's been like this for months now. i might try taking it apart and checking connections. 

Do you, or anyone have any suggestions at all?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation