Question

Top Student
mhmm
Message 1 of 23 (157,818 Views)

HP Pavilion dv9780eo windows 7 RC webcam driver

[ Edited ]

I can't get my webcam to work in windows 7. It dosent show upp in device manager either.. have tryed every driver i coud find and when the innstalasjon starts it says it can't find any camera.

Hear is hove my device manager looks like

Device manager 1

DM2

DM3

I have uppdated my bios to the latest

I have runned every uppdate from microsoft

i have tryed every driver and software i coud find on the HP site for my computer

Any suggestions for what else i can try?

Message Edited by mhmm on 05-18-2009 11:47 AM
Tutor
ABerri
Message 2 of 23 (159,172 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv9780eo windows 7 RC webcam driver

I am having the same exact problem. I have the Pavilion dv2988se 64-Bit and after installing Windows 7, my webcam won't work anymore. No programs on my computer can even detect it.

In my device manager, I have Imaging Devices and when I open it, there is USB Video Device and the driver date on that is 06/21/2006. Even when I try to download the latest update it says I have the latest. You can read my thread here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=OS&thread.id=9725

Question on you installing the latest BIOS...How would I know whether I have the latest or not. After Installing Windows 7, I went to the drivers & download page for my specific laptop model and most of the drivers I re-installed were Vista 64-Bit based. Should I not have done this or did Windows 7 already download the latest BIOS driver through Windows Update?

Top Student
mhmm
Message 3 of 23 (159,166 Views)

I innstaled the bios uppdate i found under windows vista 64 bit on the hp driver download page for my computer.
Teacher
Tech_Head
Message 4 of 23 (159,096 Views)

From looking around on the internet and from some failed troubleshooting with aberri on a different post, it does not look like MS has full driver support yet for win7.  Hopefully this will get cleared up in a few months.
Caveat: I will try to help... I don't know everything...but I try my hardest!!!

Please give kudos if I helped, and mark it as solved if I fixed you...or your problem...:smileyvery-happy:
Tutor
ABerri
Message 5 of 23 (159,055 Views)

How did you upload that image in your first post?
Top Student
mhmm
Message 6 of 23 (159,032 Views)

I upploaded them on http://img136.imageshack.us  then you will get a direct link to your image that you can use to show them hear on the forums :smileyhappy:
Student
jonathanmcnamee
Message 7 of 23 (155,809 Views)

I think I may have cracked this webcam issue once and for all. I'm running win7 x64 (dual booting with xp), and couldn't get the webcam to work.

I installed the vista firmware update for the camera here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-47244-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=3308960&os=2093&lang=en

I panicked when it updated the firmware on the camera, and 7 could see it, but the camera didn't work still. worse again, I rebooted in xp, for the camera to stop working there too.

long story short, I gave up on the built in webcam, hoping that hp might release a working driver at some stage in the future. In the meantime, I pulled out an old creative webcam to keep me going. surprise surprise, it didn't work out of the box either so I downloaded the following driver from the creative website.

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10082 

It installs successfully on 7x64 in spite of what windows might tell you. I fired up skype, hoping for it to pick up my image on the new camera only for it to turn on the unmistakable blue light on the hp webcam work perfectly!

I'm not sure what happened here, whether its that windows update manageed to get drivers together 1 day after officially launching (23-10-09) or if my unlikely combination of drivers just made things work behind the scenes.

either way I'm happy!

J

Honor Student
67thud
Message 8 of 23 (153,133 Views)

I had the same problem upgrading from Vista to Win 7.  Solved the problem when, in one of the Webcam properties boxes if found that the Webcam was running in "virtual XP mode."  The drop down box allowed me to select other OS's.  When I selected "virtual Vista mode" the Webcam came back to life.  All this even though the Device Manager showed the Webcam was operating properly and the driver was up-to-date.
Top Student
rhernani
Message 9 of 23 (152,907 Views)

Where can I find this drop box? I need to solve this problem.

regards,

Roberto

Tutor
Eivissa
Message 10 of 23 (140,066 Views)

Oh I have a similar problem with my webcam after win7 on my dv9040ea! won't show any life picture, but appears in the device manager and its blue lamp shines when active.

anyone who can help me solving please??????????????????????????????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation