Question

Honor Student
tjbisme
Message 1 of 2 (444 Views)

HP Pavilion zd7000 charging issues

I have a Pavilion zd7000 here at our shop and I replaced the dc jack as it was not charging the battery at all and wouldn't allow the computer to be turned on while the AC adapter was plugged in.  Once the DC jack wass replaced I was able to boot the laptop up no problem.  One thing I noticed when it was booted up, when you have the charger plugged into the laptop it will not constantly charge the battery, it flashes when it charges.  It's like it starts to charge then stops, starts, stops, and continues on and on.  When looking in the power configurations inside Windows, it still says that the AC Adapter is plugged in, but will not continuously charge the battery.

I applied a BIOS update and it seemed to work for awhile, but then it went back to doing the same thing of "flash charging".  One thing I have noticed is when the computer is off, it charges the laptop just fine and the lightning bolt in the front constantly stays on when plugged in, only when the laptop is on is when it has problems with the constant charge.

I'm wondering is it a mainboard issue, where there is something shorting it out, or is it a BIOS thing and we need to update it again or some other sort of update?  I'm totally lost on this issue  and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 2 (414 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion zd7000 charging issues

Try this, follow the order given.

Disconnect AC

Shutdown

Remove battery

Connect AC

Startup

Open Device Manager

Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click all of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these).

Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select

Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.

Shutdown

Disconnect AC

Insert battery

Connect AC

Startup

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation