Question

Honor Student
SpideyTX
Message 1 of 6 (10,390 Views)

HP Pavillion DV6-1330CA - Internal battery! - HELP!

Hello everyone:

My HP Pavillion DV6 seems to have some sort of battery problem as it says Error -  hp internal battery 601 on boot up! The laptop is just over year old and out of HP warranty!:smileymad:

I'd like to know if HP can provide/sell this part to me.. Cost? and how can I replace it?

Also, can I get this battery locally or is it a custom battery manufactured by HP only?:smileywink:

Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions.

Spidey

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 6 (10,344 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV6-1330CA - Internal battery! - HELP!

SpideyTX wrote:

Hello everyone:

My HP Pavillion DV6 seems to have some sort of battery problem as it says Error -  hp internal battery 601 on boot up! The laptop is just over year old and out of HP warranty!:smileymad:

I'd like to know if HP can provide/sell this part to me.. Cost? and how can I replace it?

Also, can I get this battery locally or is it a custom battery manufactured by HP only?:smileywink:

Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions.

Spidey

It's just referring to the battery.  Replace it and the error message will go away.  You can buy the battery here

Honor Student
SpideyTX
Message 3 of 6 (10,333 Views)

Thanks Kalt for the help.

But can any HP associates also confirm the above? And why does it say "Primary Battery"? How can I be sure that I just have to replace the Re-chargeable battery and not the RTC battery/cell?

Please explain.. Thanks..

Spidey

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 4 of 6 (10,327 Views)

See the section titled "Battery storage capacity" below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01443470

Teacher
urpoodoo
Message 5 of 6 (10,324 Views)

Kalt is correct its a bad battery

Honor Student
danni
Message 6 of 6 (9,868 Views)

hi

I get the same message ... I did replace the battery which took te message away for two weeks and now it is displaying the same error message again .. internal batttery error 601.. Surely i can replace the battery with a new one every few weeks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation