Question

Honor Student
CostasCy
Message 1 of 3 (6,249 Views)

HP Pavillion DV7 Webcam driver

Hello, i am looking for the integrated webcam driver for my DV7 2210ev but to no avail. It's not in the product specific software/drivers section on HP's website in case anyone thinks its appropriate to post a link, that was the first place I checked, thank you. I have also noticed that in every topic on the issue ( i'm not the only one it seems - one dating back to 2009) no solution whatsoever was provided, just links to various webcam software. It's the driver I need, not software. So please HP, what's this all about? Is there a driver for anyone to download or not? I mean they had to be installed when the laptop left the factory, why is it not on your support website?

Regards, Costas

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (6,218 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV7 Webcam driver

CostasCy wrote:

Hello, i am looking for the integrated webcam driver for my DV7 2210ev but to no avail. It's not in the product specific software/drivers section on HP's website in case anyone thinks its appropriate to post a link, that was the first place I checked, thank you. I have also noticed that in every topic on the issue ( i'm not the only one it seems - one dating back to 2009) no solution whatsoever was provided, just links to various webcam software. It's the driver I need, not software. So please HP, what's this all about? Is there a driver for anyone to download or not? I mean they had to be installed when the laptop left the factory, why is it not on your support website?

Regards, Costas

It always helps to state your operating system. :smileyhappy:

If you created an HP Recovery disc set, the driver is on disc #2. Otherwise it is in the HP Recovery partition.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
sonergocgun
Message 3 of 3 (1,643 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV7 Webcam driver

CostasCy wrote:

Regards, Costas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation