HP Pavillion DV9000 motherboard bad!!!! Hp won't fix! (4288 Views)
Honor Student
kimfella
Message 1 of 3 (4,288 Views)

HP Pavillion DV9000 motherboard bad!!!! Hp won't fix!

After taking my laptop to a repair shop, and then reading all the THOUSANDS of posts on the internet, it is evident to me that my motherboard died, just like many others. And, just as well like many others, HP says mine isn't on the recall list and they won't replace it! My laptop isn't even 2.5 years old. It started acting up after about owning it for 6 months, but I didn't think anything of it. Just a fluke. It got worse, and worse and worse. I called HP about a year ago and asked them if they had any reported problems of this, and they said NO! After my laptop totally died, is when I found out what the major issue was. I am SO disappointed with HP that they are treating so many consumers in this manner. I always thought they were top in customer service, and boy was I dead wrong. I will NEVER buy another HP product again, and I will tell everyone that will listen how they wrong their consumers. I'm disgusted with them, and my POS laptop.

Teacher
compunerd60
Message 2 of 3 (4,251 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV9000 motherboard bad!!!! Hp won't fix!

:smileyhappy: Way to go kimfella

HP does indeed Suck on their notebook DV series models. Don't know why they won't see this problem with model's like yours & my client's DV models having the same problems with mobo issues. The reason they told you they have not heard of any problems with your's is because they don't read these posts & there are tons of them out there with these exact same problems.

I've even read about them on other notebook forum sites. I'm spreading the word about how good Gateway laptops & notebooks are.

Have one M465E & it's a great produst. Had NO problems with it so far for two years now & I bought it used off EBay.

If it ever goes down i'll still get another one. I'm sold on Gateway products.

I love HP's printers though. Have four in my household & all are going strong.

My HP Pavilion desktop is ok though. Had to replace the mobo & also bought it off EBay a while back for not working.

They need to offer some kind of extra extended warranty on these models. Most all of them are a GPU issue overheating from the small vents in them. They need to make the vents where the grill can be removed for easy cleaning.

I mention this hopeing HP will read this & do something about their lousey product to make them better.

Have a great weekend kimfella.

HP Pavilion D2346C Seagate 500 gig 7200 rpm 4 gb FoxConn socket 775
Compaq Presario laptop CQ57 Windows 7 64 bit 4 gb's ram
Compaq Presario F700US Windows Vista 64 bit 2gb ram.

Being old is no fun at all!
Home based computer repair business PCTech Inc.
Provost
Big_Dave
Message 3 of 3 (4,234 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion DV9000 motherboard bad!!!! Hp won't fix!

There is a place in Florida that specializes in fixing DV9xxx models.  Normally the NVIDIA chip over heats and causes the problem.  Try this firm and watch the video.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation