Question

Top Student
smata67
Message 1 of 2 (1,592 Views)

HP Pavillion ZV5000 Does Not Power On

Friend wants me to fix his laptop.  I recently repaired a dc jack on a Dell Inspiron 1500, so now I'm an expert and everyone wants me to fix their stuff.  He says he gets no power, no led, nothing.  Replaced battery and adapter, still nothing.  Will ask him to try running it with adapter only, no battery.  He did say the last year or so he had problems with the adapter plug slipping out of the jack frequently.  Sounds like it might be the jack?  Is there anyway to tell if this is the problem ahead of time?  On the Dells you could hook up a vga montior to the vga jack and that created a ground which made the unit work temporarily and confirmed the problem.  Any such trick on this one?  I've found the hp service manual for it (thanks hp), so I think I'm good to go with the jack replacement if necessary.  Has anyone who has done it have an opinion about the difficulty?  The Dell took me two hours start to finish.  Not necessarily hard, but tedious to keep track of all the parts.  Frankly, I prefer to work on desktops...fun rather than aggravating.
Student
thediverman
Message 2 of 2 (1,271 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion ZV5000 Does Not Power On

G'day smata67 just wondering how you went with computer did swapping the jack cure the problem? I have the exact same problem. Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation