Question

Student
dv51201au
Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)

HP Pavillion dv5 not powering up.

I have an HP Pavillion dv5, Model: dv5-1201AU, which is out of warranty. The laptop hasn't been used for about a year. The problem was that it was not at all powering up. The lights blinks on pressing power button, but nothing happens. It just don't boot or do anything at all. Now I wish to repair it. I think may be the motherboard is faulty. But dont know for sure. I want an expert advice on the matter. I suspect that if I go with the laptop to a local service centre they may change the working parts in it. So is there any way that I can know for sure myself what the correct problem is?

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv5 not powering up.

Hi dv51201au. Find the symptom which best matches yours and follow the steps. The most likely symptom is "Symptom: LEDs glow, fan noise is heard, but display is black or blank" based on what you said.

Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443371&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation