Question

Top Student
pclaptop23hour
Message 1 of 1 (220 Views)

HP Pavillion laptop DV6815nr won't turn on

The power supply plug from the power supply went bad on this HP notebook. I bought a replacement plug from Ratshack and after retrofiitng onto power supply cable the blue light around power supply jack lit and all is fine, right?

Wrong!

I then try to power up unit and the blue lights above the keyboard will light only for a second and then shut off!

You can press the power button all day long and those blue lights will light, just for a second, and then go off.

The battery seems to have charged up some, in that I can disconnect the power supply and the same on~off situation occurs with JUST the battery for a power source.

Did a google and some said, 1) remove battery hold power button down,2) remove cmos battery, 3) check memory. tried all of those and NFG!

I then read some replies to my google query, and read that the video chip may have overheated and unseated a fews pins? Are they serious?

Anyhow/way can some one shed some light on this problem?

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation