Question

Honor Student
Katy90
Message 1 of 3 (93 Views)

HP Pavilon touchpad drivers Windows 8.1

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion 64 bits with Windows 8.1 and my touchpad stopped working. I connected an optical mouse which works, but I tried to re-install the drivers for the touchpad and it didn't work.

I would like to know whether the drivers that I installed didn't work because the problem is not there (I need to install something else appart from the drivers, or uninstall something which may be causing the problem), or because I need to find a specific drivers' "version"  for my computer model.

Also I thought it could be a hardware problem, but I don't know how to detect this.

Any idea will be very welcomed! :smileyhappy:

Thank you very much!!

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (81 Views)

Re: HP Pavilon touchpad drivers Windows 8.1

The touchpad does not really need drivers. It should work at a basic level without any. The drivers just add advanced features like tapping and scrolling. If the touchpad is non-responsive it is almost certainly hardware trouble. We need your full model number to give advice but generally some models have a replaceable touchpad but most require replacement of the whole top cover. 

Honor Student
Katy90
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: HP Pavilon touchpad drivers Windows 8.1

It's HP Pavilion AMD A6-5350MAPO 64 bits, Windows 8.1, 29 GHz, Radeon (tm)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation