HP ProBook 450 cold boot SSD problem (272 Views)
Honor Student
marek91
Message 1 of 1 (272 Views)

HP ProBook 450 cold boot SSD problem

Hello. 

It's my second thread here with the same problem. I marked the first one as solved but the problem came back again.

previous thread can be found here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-ProBook-450-cold-boot-SSD-problem/td-p/3148611

Here's my problem:

I recently  bought new HP ProBook 450 H6P53EA with SSD (SanDisk SDSSSDHP128G) included.

After first start up this message came up:

"Boot Device Not Found"

"Please install an operating system on your hard disk."

"Hard Disk (3F0)"

I just figured it that It might be true as notebook came without operating system (probably there was SUSE but i didn't even noticed it) so I just simply went to install Windows 8.

Everything works fine and I'm very satisfied BUT

everytime my notebook is turned of for some hours this message appears and operating system can not be started.

After pressing enter short menu appears (with memory/disc check options I believe) and i head straight to exit and when it boots again everything seems to be ok.

After restart or short period of time when notebook is shutted down everything still is fine. So the problem seems to occurs only when notebook is down for several hours. Any possible solutions?

Thanks.

- everything is up to date - bios / uefi / drivers, ssd firmware etc...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation