Question

Student
victsangu
Message 1 of 7 (6,049 Views)

HP ProBook 4530s Fingerprint nightmare:

Hie guys i have an hp probook  4530s. my problem is that i enrolled it the first time and it worked. accidentally i changed some settings in windows credential and it denied me access so i had to reset to oiginal factory settings. but the problem is that i can enroll fingerprint anymore. in the device manager biometric validity driver is there. when i try to enroll only face option appears. other option such as fingerprint and smart card are not present.

Intern
hassi669
Message 2 of 7 (5,867 Views)

Re: HP ProBook 4530s Fingerprint nightmare:

Same Problem is with me. i just reset my bios settings. nd everything goes wrong. my device manager showing biometrices device. but i could not use it. HP Protect Tools also could not detect it. What could be the problem here. i double check bios setting, update my bios. Validty driver. nothing helps me out. Plz Some Reply to Us... :smileysad:

Honor Student
akalanka4530s
Message 3 of 7 (5,573 Views)

Hey i Have the problem of Not Having the Finger Print Option No Where ..........:smileysad: i Just Bought my Hp 4530 s Lap And other all the Function are working porperly but not the finger print option. i have installed the all the drivers and the when i go to manage it'shows the the device is working properly. the i updated the driver and yet no luck with the system . i cant find a place where to set my finger print option. in the control panel all so not showing any icon calles biometric devices or so on.please can any one tell me how to find this option in my machine.............................please rply soon .....:smileysad:

Student
rjduval
Message 4 of 7 (5,443 Views)

I'm having similar problems. It worked fine when I first got it a couple of days ago then after a factory reset (some drivers I was using screwed things up and resotre point DIDN'T fix it!) it now shows 2 identical profiles for me when the hardware first comes up but none for the windows logon. ONe of the profiles doesn't recognize my swipes teh other one does.

I have the feeling this needs to be wiped out in the bios setup somewhere and restarted from scratch to get it's "head" together.

Doing a full rest now, then will use the HP softpaq utility to update the BIOS (well download the update, you have to apply it in the bios setup), the back to softpaq for the rest of the updates and I'll see how things go from there.

Honor Student
akalanka4530s
Message 5 of 7 (5,430 Views)

hey m'ne now works pretty well i just downloaded the correct drivers & installed it .:smileyhappy: The problem was that i did not installed Hp protect tools manager Thats why i was not having the finger print option in my machine but now it's fine .it works. hope u'll be able to resolve it........:smileyhappy: Thanks Any way....:smileyhappy:

Intern
hassi669
Message 6 of 7 (4,854 Views)

hey i,m glad to hear that your fingerprint works now. plz send me link of ur driver nd hp protect tools. As there are so many versions. Dont know which one to install. nd did u install driver first? Or hp protect tools first?
Top Student
jglopessantos
Message 7 of 7 (4,256 Views)

[ Edited ]

same problem, i need to reset my bios settings to factory default and my fingerprint dont work anymore with  hp SOFTWARES even installed HP DigitalPass ,HP Protect tools, validity fingerprints driver and my fingerprint don't work

in fact my fingerprint is detected looking at device manager but HP Protect Tools don't detect i don't have fingerprint at Credential Manager.

i hope it return to work some day. i will be waiting for a new release of bios i already have installed BIOS version F.20 but nothing happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation