Question

Top Student
ccrump
Message 1 of 13 (6,678 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP ProBook 4530s Windows XP Graphics Driver issue

Hey

I just got a few of these 4530s and installed XP on them however the graphics driver won't take. I keep getting the error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements."

It has Service Pack 3 and is Windows XP Pro which is the only requirements I could find for the driver. Does anyone have any ideas why it won't install the graphics driver?

This is the driver I found on HP for the graphics. Graphics Driver

I have even googled and can't find any other ideas or situations where this occurs.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Top Student
ccrump
Message 2 of 13 (6,616 Views)

Re: HP ProBook 4530s Windows XP Graphics Driver issue

Bump.

Anyone have any ideas?

Provost
Huffer
Message 3 of 13 (6,612 Views)

Please give us the hardware ID from device manager for the video chip. Any chance the units you have use the discrete AMD graphics instead of the integrated Intel HD 3000? That would explain why the Intel driver doesn't work.

You can also go to intel.com and download their generic video driver for the HD graphics for 32 bit XP:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20611&ProdId=3231&lang=eng

This covers both the i series core version of the intel video and the Celeron version; again not sure what you have.

Top Student
ccrump
Message 4 of 13 (6,605 Views)

The ID for the graphics card on the machine is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_167D103C&REV-09\3&B1BFB68&0&10

There were two graphic drivers that were missing but I installed the "AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series" that I believe is the correct one. It took away one of the missing drivers however, it gives me the error:

"No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware."

Thank you for your help. This has been driving me crazy.

Top Student
ccrump
Message 5 of 13 (6,586 Views)

Thanks Huffer! The generic video driver fixed my missing driver.

After uninstalling the ATI driver because it wasn't working properly and examining AMD's website I have come to the conclusion that they don't have the correct driver I need for Windows XP. They have it for Windows 7 and Windows Vista but not XP.

Any suggestions on this driver?

Provost
Huffer
Message 6 of 13 (6,582 Views)

Device ID 8086 is Intel. Do you have a working driver or not? The one I linked you to is the latest driver for your hardware. I said generic because it is a hodgepodge of drivers for lots of hardware but will install the correct driver for your device id.

Top Student
ccrump
Message 7 of 13 (6,579 Views)

Yes that driver was the correct one for the one I was missing. It is the other driver that I can't find for XP.

Provost
Huffer
Message 8 of 13 (6,570 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK are there any missing drivers in the device manager? Your model laptop has EITHER Intel OR AMD graphics, not BOTH, so I am not sure why we think there would be another driver you need at this point. Sometimes the Intel graphics will appear to show up as two video cards but this is because it is a dual head display, not because there are actually two video cards. I hope that makes sense because it threw me for a loop the first time I saw it, too.

Top Student
ccrump
Message 9 of 13 (6,568 Views)

For some reason it says it's still missing a driver. I don't know what it is so I just disabled it for now. I was supposed to have these laptops out a few days ago.

Thanks for the driver! I was getting tired of 800x600.

Provost
Huffer
Message 10 of 13 (6,565 Views)

[ Edited ]

use the intel on that driver too....just do an update driver and it should find it automatically. If not you can do force install from the folder where the generic driver is unzipped....to confirm, look for the hardware id on that device too and it should be 8086 just like the other. If not it may be some ancillary device. Bluetooth sometimes shows up as a "video" device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation