Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (4,913 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP ProBook 4540s - does not wake up from sleep mode

I have pretty much tried everything I could find on the Internet or what I know. Narrowed down the problem to the switchable graphics. Seams like WIndows cannot properly choose what gpu. When i try to wake up the screen is blank though the hdd led is flashing and when pressing buttons on the keyboard I can hear windows sounds. I have newest drivers from both Intel and AMD. All windows updates, all drivers and needed software from the HP driver site. Double checked for correct verions, 64bit etc etc. I have tried to disable windows hibernate, i have tried to do hard reset, I have tried pretty much all power plan, hp power assistant, switchable graphics options including the one in bios (I can only enable or disable switchale graphics) (for some reason I cannot choose a fixed GPU?!?!?!) I have also checked for updates through HP SUPPORT assistant. I have tried save mode. I went trough all windows options I could think of. Tried different power plans, ati catalyst (worse piece of sowtware ever) options etc. Nothing seams to work. I would appreciate any help from HP.

Accepted Solution

Re: HP ProBook 4540s - does not wake up from sleep mode

I unstalled old drivers with CCC (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> AMD Catalyst Install Manager -> Full Remove ) after install;

My Computer - Right Click - System Properties -  Device Manager - Display Card 

Amd Mobility Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2) + Yellow Exclamation

Right Click - Update Driver and Select New Driver in Amd driver folder (C: AMD -> AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta -> Packages -> Drivers -> Display -> W86A_INF)...

CCC not installed but it's working excellent :smileywink: [cinebench 32fps] and sleeping mode problem solved :smileywink:

if cinebench or aida64 error you install =>

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx64\vcredist_x64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx86\vcredist_x86

if windows experince index error "windows media decoding/encoding performance"

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder

View solution in context
Honor Student
Message 2 of 6 (4,860 Views)

Will I get some sort of answer from HP? I have just spent 400 euro for your product and I seam to have a problem with it. Would you take a minute and consider at least reading what Ive asked?

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 6 (4,856 Views)

>Will I get some sort of answer from HP?

This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HP support site.
Have you tried contacting the HPSC?
http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

Tutor
Message 4 of 6 (4,844 Views)

I unstalled old drivers with CCC (Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> AMD Catalyst Install Manager -> Full Remove ) after install;

My Computer - Right Click - System Properties -  Device Manager - Display Card 

Amd Mobility Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2) + Yellow Exclamation

Right Click - Update Driver and Select New Driver in Amd driver folder (C: AMD -> AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta -> Packages -> Drivers -> Display -> W86A_INF)...

CCC not installed but it's working excellent :smileywink: [cinebench 32fps] and sleeping mode problem solved :smileywink:

if cinebench or aida64 error you install =>

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx64\vcredist_x64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\VC12RTx86\vcredist_x86

if windows experince index error "windows media decoding/encoding performance"

1) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder64

2) C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.6_Mobility_Beta\Packages\Apps\WMVDecoder

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (4,820 Views)

What you told me to do fixed the problem. Anyways, I have formated and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows 7 64bit + all drivers from their website. I have only installed the AMD driver that is given on HP's driver website and did not install the INTEL driver. All works fine - normaly wakes from sleep etc. What I noticed is a drop in windows experience index though. It used to be 5.6 ...now 5.2. I have downloaded and isntalled latest drivers from AMD website and index went up to 5.7 but SLEEP problem came back. So - the problem is the new AMD drivers. Avoid them!

Tutor
Message 6 of 6 (1,249 Views)

use the updated driver here 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69094.exe

it solves the problem completly 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation