Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was curious if the Revolve 810's SSD is user replaceable, and what size physically it is in case I wanted to upgrade it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
The Revolve 810 uses a mSATA SSD card. 4.85mm thickness, 29.85mm wide.

It looks easy enough to replace, there's a video on how to do it here:
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.htm?prodSeriesId=5298038&MEID=846BA69F-F69A-4EBC-BFB4-895AE7B62...

(Click on Solid State Drive for the exact video)

Hope this helps!
HP Recommended

i know this thread is in the grave already...

but its actually a,  m.2 ssd. slightly différent then a msata

HP Recommended

The HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G1 uses the mSATA format and I think that's clear in the video.  Here's an excerpt from the QuickSpec page:

STORAGE AND DRIVES

Solid State Drive
Up to 256 GB mSATA
NOTE: Solid State Drives (SSD), GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB for Windows 8 is reserved for system recovery software.

The HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G2/G3 however, uses the M.2 format.  Here's an excerpt from the QuickSpec page:

STORAGE AND DRIVES

Solid State Drive
128/180/256 GB M.2 Solid State Drives
256 GB SED M.2 Solid State Drive

NOTE: For hard drives and solid state drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16 GB (for Windows 7) and 30 GB (for Windows 8.1) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.

* I have personally installed Samsung SSDs in HP laptops and tablets with capacities up to 500GB/512GB with no issues, so even though HP doesn't offer capacities above 256GB specifically for G1/G2 models, it doesn't mean you're capped at 256GB. 

HP Recommended

I have HP Revolve 810 G2 i5 without SSD, from your post it is clear that i need M.2 SSD, but they are available in diferent brands and specs, could you explain which M.2 SSD should i get to get make it work best with my HP Revolve 810 G2 i5?

Thank you in advance

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.