Question

Student
akshaysoam8
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

HP Simple Pass Now Working

Hello... 

I have HP Envy 1216tx model. It was come with HP Simple Pass Software for windows and website login. Recently i formatted my hard disk  and recovered it from the Recovery CDs. After Recovering i by mistake unchecked the Enable Windows Login Checkbox in the settings. Now this is locked and i can't check this again. 

Also when i select the Setup Windows Login, it asks for Windows Password. I'm entering the correct password but it is always showing incorrect password. 

Whenever we open HP simple pass it first asks our windows password to open, at this place my password is accepted but at Setup Windows login place the same password is being shown incorrect. 

Even if i swipe my finger  over the sensor no lights blinks as it used to be earlier.

I have also updated the latest version of HP Simple Pass but all in vain.

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: HP Simple Pass Now Working

Hello akshaysoam8,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your fingerprint reader has stopped working after doing a system recovery.

A good place to start would be to check the options for Biometric Support in your Control Panel. You are looking for an option to "Allow users to log in to Windows with there fingerprints." If this is the option that is uncheckable in your post I would suggest going through the document below.

It would be best to go through each step in the order they are listed. Troubleshooting a Fingerprint Reader (Windows 8).

It would also help to know which ENVY product you have. There are two ENVY 1216tx products, the HP ENVY 6-1216tx Sleekbook or, the HP ENVY m6-1216tx Notebook PC.

Please let me know which of these you have to better assist you if the above steps do not resolve your issue, as well as any new information after completing the troubleshooting. :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation