HP SimplePass not working at Windows Log in. (21677 Views)
Honor Student
shwetashwimmi
Message 1 of 49 (21,677 Views)

HP SimplePass not working at Windows Log in.

I am using HP Pavilion dv6 6121 TX Notebook PC. 

Operating system installed is Windows 7 64-bit.

The error message which I get at windows log in when I swipe my finger is "Your fingerprints have not been enrolled for authentication."

The problem is that HP SimplePass is not working only at the windows log in but after logging in with the password it works for opening websites. I tried updating the software for it, but it still doesn't work.
I even tried reinstalling SimplePass and restoring windows but still it won't fix the problem.
Please help me out by suggesting some remedy to get rid of the annoying message which I get at the log in point. :smileysad:

Thanks.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 49 (21,671 Views)

Re: HP SimplePass not working at Windows Log in.

[ Edited ]

shwetashwimmi,

Welcome to the forum.

When you say you updated the software, did you update SimplePass from an earlier version of SimplePass?

• What version of SimplePass are you running now?
  • What version of the Validity Sensor Driver are you running?

Software and Driver must match in the sense that the drivers and software must be compatible...

The following works assuming you are NOT running:

• Probooks Protect Tools software - Probooks are Business model Notebooks - PT is NOT the same code
  • Digital Persona older software; DP is sometimes called SimplePass - DP is NOT the same code

The Fingerprinter driver controls the fingerprint hardware:

• SimplePass 5.3.17 and Above

are compatible with

• Validity Sensor Driver V4.3.205.0 and Above

Once you have verified that you have compatible versions, you can consider the following:

• Reinstall the Driver by uninstalling it, rebooting and letting the system resinstall it.  Do NOT delete your onboard driver, just uninstall it.
  • You may install the Driver from your notebook's webpage, if needed
  • Update to the latest SimplePass Software
  • Hard Reset the notebook - you may not need to do this; it is a "Rats, something is wrong" step to clear out the "bugs"
  • Consider that if you are running Avast Anti-Virui Security, it must start Later, that is, AFTER the fingerprint driver, in the Windows Boot/Startup.  If you are having problems, Set Avast to start later in the boot / start sequence.

=========================================================================

Install Driver...

Go to the top of this Forum page - to Support and Drivers

• Enter your notebook model number
  • Open the HP web page for your Product / Model
  • Go to the Software and Drivers Downloads page
  • Enter your Operating System
  • Scroll down - Go to category Driver – Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
  • Select “Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver” (Newest Version)
  • Save this installation package onto your computer.  Make a note of the file's NAME and its location.
  • Install the Validity Sensor Driver installation package:  It will be named sp*.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder.  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

When installing SimplePass and its components:

Driver always installs / reinstalls FIRST

Software, if installing, is always SECOND

=========================================================================

Hard Driver Reset:

This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Disconnect all external devices first.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
  • Power on - Log in
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note:  If time is short, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

Reference:

Notebooks- Hard Driver Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues- Sealed Non-Removable Battery

OR

Notebooks - Hard Driver Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues - Removable Battery

===================================================================

EDITS April 2013 -- Corrected Link Contents

The latest versions of SimplePass from AuthenTec and from HP are essentially the same code.  The HP version is slightly more up-to-date at writing and may have advantages for some users depending on hardware or other factors.

You can try either version and decide for yourself.

Both versions are compatible with the Validity Sensor drivers as mentioned earlier.

AuthenTec HP SimplePass (Windows 7 and Windows 8)

SimplePass HPLite32_build_6.0.100.252

HP SimplePass for Windows 7 and Windows 8

sp59664 HP SimplePass V6.0.100.257 Win7-8

This driver was originally found for a dm4-3000 system:

AuthenTec Fingerprint Sensor Driver Win 7 sp54850 V3.2.1.10

Validity Sensor for m6-1035dx – Windows 8

sp58869 Validity Sensor 4.4.234.0

==========================================================================

Hopefully this is an easy fix.  Start with the easy stuff:  Reset the notebook,  kick the driver...

Good Luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You" for the help!

Click the Kudos on Any Post that you Like - Authors like Kudos and members look for them!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find Answers

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you receive.

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Provide Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon                       2013 Year of the Snake

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
shwetashwimmi
Message 3 of 49 (21,670 Views)

SimplePass version -5.3.0.273
Driver Version - 4.3.118.0
Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 49 (21,666 Views)

[ Edited ]

You need to update that driver! See my previous post. Once you do that, you may be OK.

According to your webpage, you should be on:

SimplePass Version:5.3.1.7

and

Validity Sensor Version:4.3.205.0

The version of the driver you are on is for an older version of SimplePass.  That driver is not compatible with SimplePass V5.3.1.7

You can download both the driver and the SimplePass software from the webpage.  Install the driver first, then install the software.  If you need it, the Software is in Category

• Software - Security 

You can install the updated driver and software right over the top of what you have now.

I hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click the Kudos on Any Post that you Like - Authors like it and members look for them!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer: 

Operating System and an Error Description

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
shwetashwimmi
Message 5 of 49 (21,643 Views)

Installed and updated the driver and then the software.
Still the same problem!! Cannot log in to windows through SimplePass and a message dispalying :Your fingerprints have not been enrolled for authentication."
I am so frustrated.

Please help. 

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 49 (21,639 Views)

OK...

What version of Driver and software are you on now?

Have you tried re-enrolling your fingerprints?

Make a Backup of your .tsd file (webcards):

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export your Webcards ... follow the instructions and keep track of where the .tsd file is stored...

Next, Try this:

• Control Panel > icon view > Biometric Devices > Change Settings >
  • UNCHECK Biiometrics ON
  • in other words, CHECK Biometics OFF
  • SAVE Changes

• This will delete your fingerprint enrollment from the database, if any exists.
  • Reboot / Restart the system.

Repeat the

• Control Panel > Biometric Devices > Change Settings > and... CHECK Biometrics ON
  • Start SimplePass and enroll your fingerprints > enroll at least three fingerprints...

Keep that .tsd backup around in case everthing goes sideways later.  You can use the .tsd to import your website logins in case you end up losing everthing and have to start over with fresh installation of the driver and SimplePass software later.

Keep in mind that you may have it so tangled up that at some point, you may end up having to do just that:  delete the SimplePass software entirely and reinstall it from scratch.  No guarentees, of course.  I don't know what is wrong with it.  Another possibiltiy is to upgrade SimplePass to the 5.4 (if you did not do so yet).  Of  course with SimplePass 5.4 (at this writing), you can only run the Firefox browser up to version 12.  THAT only matters IF you run Firefox.

I hope this helps.

Click the Kudos on Any Post that you Like - Authors like it and members look for them!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer: 

Operating System and an Error Description

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Tutor
Xkorpion
Message 7 of 49 (20,781 Views)

Kindly help me. I am using hp 8530w. problem is same of fingerprints authentication error. I have reinstalled but still there is a problem
Top Student
rcrider4
Message 8 of 49 (18,228 Views)

I am having the same problem too. I have tried everything in this list. I have the 4.3.205.0 driver, I updated to SimplePass 5.4, I reinstalled SimplePass, I hard reset my laptop, and I have reenrolled my fingerprints. Nothing seems to work. As the original poster said, it only fails on the log in screen. Once logged in, it works just fine. I am using an HP-dv6-6b51nr on Windows 7 64-bit.
Tutor
Xkorpion
Message 9 of 49 (18,224 Views)

If u have a backup then restore it. It will surely solve your problem.
Top Student
rcrider4
Message 10 of 49 (18,214 Views)

I just checked the rest of the forum and saw there is a new version of SimplePass (v6), so I am currently upgrading to it. I'll report back when it is finished. Hopefully this will fix it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation