Question

Honor Student
dbabyg
Message 1 of 1 (240 Views)

HP Sonic Solutions Software

HP ZD8000 pre-installed Sonic Solutions software and Sonic download software not initiating.

This was a previous post but I wanted to take advantage of the HP Experts Day free advice for alternate suggestions.

1.  I am experiencing problems with my HP Pavilion zd8000 computer DVD-RW drive and manufacture installed software (Sonic).

2.  My computer hardware is recognized.  Blank CD and DVD disk are also recognized but free space and used space is listed as 0 bytes.  I was unable to do a computer backup using the defaut System Tools, Backup Program.  Blank disk are not being recognized.

3.  The other problem is with the Sonic Software that came pre-installed on my computer.  My software failed to open and I downloaded the Sonic Software from HP Support Download Website Center.  The software downloaded but I received a location install to error and the installation asked for a disk before continuing the install.  The install failed.

4.  I am considering attempting to do a complete Computer Backup and possibly try installing the pre-loaded installed software using the F11 key function; if the software is actually installed there.

5.  I downloaded CDBurnerXP and the DVD-RW/CDRW drive works and it will perform a backup.  The System MS Backup program will not run and states no Drive or Media detected.

Danny

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation