HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-11-2012 11:28 PM
HP ZD8000 pre-installed Sonic Solutions software and Sonic download software not initiating.
1. I am experiencing problems with my HP Pavilion zd8000 computer DVD-RW drive and manufacture installed software (Sonic).
2. My computer hardware is recognized. Blank CD and DVD disk are also recognized but free space and used space is listed as 0 bytes. I was unable to do a computer backup using the defaut System Tools, Backup Program. Blank disk are not being recognized.
3. The other problem is with the Sonic Software that came pre-installed on my computer. My software failed to open and I downloaded the Sonic Software from HP Support Download Website Center. The software downloaded but I received a location install to error and the installation asked for a disk before continuing the install. The install failed.
4. I am considering attempting to do a complete Computer Backup and possibly try installing the pre-loaded installed software using the F11 key function; if the software is actually installed there.
5. I downloaded CDBurnerXP and the DVD-RW/CDRW drive works and it will perform a backup. The System MS Backup program will not run and states no Drive or Media detected.